1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre pressure

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Chaos, Jun 1, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    That (33 psi) sounds front tyre pressure in cold condition as mentioned above. Does the sticker mention anything that in warm tyres, 0.3 bar (or around 4 psi) higher pressure is required?
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Anyway, I maintain 36 psi in all the wheels and am comfortable with the ride with less bottom-scraping.
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    +1 I too maintain 36 front and 34 back.
  4. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

I am maintaining 32 in all tyres.
  5. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    I use 32 all around. More than 32 it is uncomfortable for passengers in the rear seats. This is my observation.
  6. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    I had been to Tyre Professional (Blr) and got my Punto filled with 31 psi in front and 30 psi in rear (nitrogen). The drive was smooth, but is there a recommendation for Nitrogen? I usually drive alone. Did wheel balancing/alignment and have the report with me. I was told the camber & Caster alignment is fixed and cant be tuned? Is that correct? If yes, how do I go about the negative figures? Will try to scan the report this week if you ain't clear on what am asking..

Thanks!!
  7. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Do not mend with the Camber & Caster of the wheel alignment, go as per recommended as this may lead to unusual tyre wear.
  8. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    Ravi , but as per manual it should be 31psi in front and 33psi at back for normal drive and 33psi all around when fully laden .. 36 psi seems high
  9. I have 32 PSI nitrogen in all tires .. feel the ride has become bit bumpy can feel it more when am going over a speed breaker etc..I read somewhere Nitrogen should be filed 2-3 psi less than normal air, will do what arulvr has done when i visit the petrol bunk next and post results
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    ^^ 33psi is for a cold tyre. If the place from where you fill air is just outside your house, then 33 is fine. If you have to drive 1-2km to fill air, tyre has warmed up and 34/36 is a safe bet.