1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Pressure for 205/55 R16 Pirelli for Linea

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by sriks84, Sep 28, 2015.

1. sriks84

sriks84 Amatore

Hi Guys,

Can you please let me know the right tyre pressure that needs to be maintained for 205/55/R16 Pirelli tyres.

When i upgraded to these tyres, I got Nitrogen filled in for the first time and its been more than 2 months now and now Im curious if i have to go for Nitrogen re-fill or can i go for normal air fill and I need the right tyre pressure for this size of tyre.

Please advise.

2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    This is the size of the MJD Emotion tyres, and I stick to FIAT's suggestion of 36psi in the front and 33psi in the back. I use Yoko A drives. It was same pressure I used in previous Goodyear NCT5s.
    sriks84 likes this.
  3. sriks84

sriks84 Amatore

THanks a lot Limraj !! How about nitrogen refilling, should i refill nitrogen now as I had done this when i took my new tyres or can i use normal air ?
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Bro, if you have nitrogen filled, do get it refilled with nitrogen only. Its not that refilling normal air would cause any problem, but it would reduce the % of nitrogen. Normal air also has 78% Nitrogen and 21% oxygen. Its just that nitrogen stays longer in your tyres and keeps the tyre cooler when compared to normal air. So this reduces wear and tear if your tyre in long run.
  5. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Having nitrogen in the tyres makes the ride stiffer, if you like it that way then stick to nitrogen, or go back to normal air.

The plus of filling nitrogen in tyres is primarily, the elimination of water vapour and other gases that expand and contract way too much, when there is change in the temperature of the tyres, with nitrogen it doesnt happen that way it stays way consistent incomparison.