1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre pressure - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by DRIV3R, Feb 11, 2013.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I too fill nitrogen in my car tyres and have not observed any considerable loss in pressure for a long time. I have also watched fifth gear in discovery turbo and it mainly discuss about the temperature rise in a tyre filled with air and nitrogen. Another advantage of filling with nitrogen may be less oxidation of the rubber as no oxygen is present. Though this is ny personal view and needs to be confirmed.

Sent from my Micromax A50 using Tapatalk 2
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Pressure loss is significantly lesser/nil when tyres are filled with nitrogen. Even after 2k kms, in my car.
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Not really,after trying it in different 4 wheelers including Linea :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You missed the sarcasm in my post . ;)
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Didn't think on that aspect ;)
  6. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Was just curious to know what everyone defines as a cold tyre , while Patchboy's method is clearly 'cold' , sometimes one might not have the ability to be able to fill air last the previous night or will need to drive a bit to a petrol pump

In the case that one needs to drive .. what do members generally feel is an "acceptable" range for the tyre to still be considered cold.

I always fill up in the mornings , the pump is about 1 - 1.5 KM away from my house , drive there much slower than usual as well to avoid heat build up. Would that be a distance where the tyre is still considered cold?