1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre pressure - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by DRIV3R, Feb 11, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Maintain the same as for stock size. Reduce / increase by a PSI or two, as per your personal preference - performance / comfort. Even in the manual, the recommended pressure is the same across most tyre sizes provided as OE. See picture below ( from the European Manual. Do not have a soft copy of the Indian Manual in this laptop)

Tyre Pressure.JPG

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  2. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    For 205/55 R16 what should be the right tyre pressure for city and highway.

I usually keep 33 in front tyres and 32 in rear in city/highway. Do I need to change that or its the right tyre presssure?
  3. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Normally tyre pressure guidelines are mentioned in the car itself usually near the driver's side door. For example in my Linea, it is on the driver side door as shown in the pictures below.

That is the manufacturer specification and is good enough for both city and highway driving conditions.

DSC_1476.jpg DSC_1477.jpg
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

Hope the image is helpful.
    DSC04143.JPG

So i am maintaining 31 or 32 since then on all 4 tyres regardless where i drive. However, i have one doubt. If adding recommended PSI or more to the tyres, will it not affect the suspensions? I mean if more PSI, that means the Tyres are hard. So the tyres might give more repelling hard affect on suspensions right? Please correct me if i am wrong.

Having said that, i think ill follow Rajan's methodology from now on.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

But the manual says, for light load, its 29 psi all round and for full load its 32 psi all round.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    What exactly is my methodology that you are referring to Zen? Also, please do remember, the pressure indicated in the manual is cold tyre.

Rajan
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Got it. But a new member reading your post would have wondered - "Who the hell is Rajan and what in the world is his methodology?" :D

Rajan
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Driver,
    Whats more confusing from that lil handbook i got is that the tyre of Emotion variant falls under Linea category. Hmm.... so i did not take risk/chances. Hence maintained 30 or 31 and max 32. But after reading this thread, i am again confused. Should i go to 33 (recommended) or as per the above image or as per the owners handbook which says 32 all tyres :confused

Also what about suspension affect intensity if more PSI on tyres?
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Dude, you are just giving too much thought for a small issue, matter of 1psi give or take. That 'How to keep your FIAT Fit' book is crap. It has printing mistakes. There is no 195/60 size in R14 BTW, for the Punto. It should read 195/60 R15. Why would you want to maintain the T-Jet's tyre pressures anyway?

Just fill in 29 when you are driving alone, and 32 when the car is loaded. End of story.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013