1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Polish

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by treevivek, Jul 19, 2010.

1. treevivek

treevivek

Bangalore
    Hi Everyone,
    I like my tyre to be black and beautiful always, curious to know do anyone use Tyre polish?
    If yes which brand is good, availability, easy to use?

Anyone experienced it?
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I use "F1 Tire Foam". It is available at some of the "In & Out" outlets at BP petrol pumps for about Rs. 200/=. It is also available at Big Bazaar outlets.

You clean the tyre with soap and water, and when it is dry just spray the foam. It cleans, and then gives the tyre a nice shine. They claim that it protects the tyres from UV rays etc that result in tyre aging. I am not sure about this, but it makes the tyre look very nice.

I use it once a month or so. It can also be applied without pre-cleaning the tyre. I apply it after pre-cleaning, since I have a chap who cleans my car daily.

Johnny
  3. treevivek

treevivek

Bangalore
    So when you spray, it will not stick on car body! Is it easy to use?
  4. I currently use 3M tyre polish.
    Earlier i was using Abel Auto tyre polish (marketed by Xenos) and Sonax.

All 3 are good.
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You just spray it on the tyres. It is pretty 'user friendly'.

Johnny
  6. You may also spray it on a sponge/cloth and rub (apply) it on your tyres.
    Spraying directly on to the tyre is more effective. Spray it at a distance of 10-15 cms from the tyres and it wont stick to the car body. Even it it sticks, just wipe off immediately.
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got Armorall Polish for the tyres... decent stuff.. I dont wipe it.. Just spray it and leave it