1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Noise and sleepy FIAT.

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by DamnU, Jul 14, 2014.

1. DamnU

DamnU

Nerul
    Hi,
    This is first post, so pardon me for section and other related category classification.
    I am very angry at fiat because since last 6+ weeks my Linea (1.4 Petrol Dynamic) is in Balaji Service Station Turbhe without any resolution. Initially the Service Station took their own sweet time to determine the wheel noise, and now after 3 weeks of registering with FIAT (as told by Balaji) for spares, I am nowhere close to solution.
    The problem started with small noise from wheels after which I did not drive much and immediately took the car to Service Station. I consulted my friend who owns service station for Hyundai and he told me to look for Bearing Assy. But service station guys took their time to determine that it is indeed Bearing assy problem and ordered replacement parts from FIAT around 3 weeks ago. Now, when i visited the service station yesterday, they are telling me that my Order has gone into Back-Order meaning FIAT does not have the required spares in Inventory. Now I hail from ERP community and I understand that any order goes into back-order when it checks for inventory. FIAT took 3 weeks to check for spares stock?
    This is too much and so i asked for spare car to drive around only on weekend because my work keeps me away from home on weekdays. Balaji refused that saying they don't have any spare car to spare!!!
    How can this be resolved? Need some numbers from FIAT so at least they are aware that this is happening to me. Probably they are aware and waiting to reach their standard before they can react.
    Oh and one more thing....i tried their toll free number. even after 4-5 calls they did not register my complaint. Every-time they ask me to wait for SMS which never arrives. Tried FIAT india online complaint registration, did not work. Somebody ought to be fired for this.
    Regd.

The car is under warranty (2 years to be completed in Sept)
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Try Kawa automobiles in Mumbai and if he has this spare. take out the car from the FASS and get it done anywhere else. I am sure you can drive it to the next SC. Fixing the bearing is an easy job. If they refuse, give them a piece of your mind as keeping for 3 weeks is beyond reason. They should have atleast tried for stock from another FASS. Did they do that?

Abdul
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @DamnU,

Sorry to hear the sad travails with Balaji Fiat. Indeed Balaji is sleepy whereas Fiat I would say is active based on my experiences. Yes Balaji take their own sweet time when it comes to spares ordering and updating the status of the repair. For starters write to Fiat on the ir FB page which is monitored regularly. Try to contact Balaji Nerul top management and you will need to do some tough talking.

Did Balaji confirm what spares are on order?

PM me and I can give some additional contacts if the FB attempt doesnt work.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Just search for Fiat India contact or Mangesh kodalkar in the forum. you will get all the info. Hope your problem is resolved soon.
    All the Best!
    1 person likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Firstly, congrats for being granted this handle at TFI. What can I say, Lucky you..! ::D

Now get the car back. Call Kava or call RS Motors, Kandivali and/or get the bearings changed from outside private garage.

Feel free to sue Fiat for mental harassment and other offenses related to lax attitude. (don't forget to humiliate them in newspapers or blogs.:irked)
    Maybe some more TFIans may help you.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Believe me Abhishek, it would be more advisable sometimes to just get the car back and get it done from someplace where quick resolution is possible.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I have heard so many lousy reviews for Balaji. So, in that context, Yes, you are correct. :)
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Abdul, there are people I have seen in about 3 FASCs that have half knowledge of computers. When ordering online the whole system itself is cumbersome, rather than being easy. When the parts arrive, some other SA will take it from the SC stores and place it in his favorite customer's car, therefore making the inventory nill again. Add to that inefficient internal procedures while pooling together orders and placing at specific intervals only. Things aren't getting efficient any sooner for sure.
  8. DamnU

DamnU

Nerul
    Thanks Abdul,
    I will do that next time. I was simply being lazy by going to Balaji i guess! Close to home in Nerul.
    Rgds
    Umesh

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks,
    Unfortunately I am not on FB....so i guess i am stuck with older methods of phone/email. Balaji told me that they ordered Bearing, Nuckle and (something) assy. :confused:
    Sorry about that. On second thought, i can use my relatives' FB account.
    I will definitely PM you if that fails.
    Regds,
    Umesh
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Though, my parents also live in Nerul, I didnt bought from Balaji and in future too, I dont think I want to experience their FASS. Pandit Auto will be my choice always.
    Such are the reviews here and elsewhere.
  10. DamnU

DamnU

Nerul
    Thanks. I will do that.
    Umesh

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks for the consult. Hmmm...the handle, i guess i got lucky, a little wordplay on my name. :)
    Also, as i mentioned, I am paying the price for being lazy .....proximity of service station.
    I am gonna wait till Friday, then going full throttle at them on Saturday, cause that's when i will be back home.
    I asked for replacement car ...fingers crossed.
    Umesh