1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Mfg year with new Punto

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Vithal, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Vithal

Vithal

Bangalore
    Hi,

I have purchased Punto 1.3MJD (delivery on April 21, 2011). We happen to notice the mfg date of type (printed on tyres) which says 2010. Tyre is JK Tyre (I believe it was bridgestone with 2010 and prior models). Is it expected?

What made it to notice?
    As I posted in other thread, was observing left pull from many days (now it got increased). During 2nd service (May, 2011) concorde folks did alignment, but it didnt really correct. Today went to Sri Chakra Tyre Shop in BSK-2nd stage. He was surprised to see the tyre state and he was utmost sure that it cant be in that state considering car has run only 12.8km so far. He was of the opinion that tyres could've been replaced (all 4). Alignment is perfect, still its pulling left, thats due to woreout tyres. Front tyres are almost gone and need to be replaced. So, wondering possiblity of changing tyres during 2nd service itself. Need to go back to concorde/Fiat on this issue.

Anybody faced similar situation? Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    What month was your Punto manufactured. Having purchased in 2011 April, i wouldn't be too surprised if it had late 2010 tyres. No worries there.

I believe you meant 12800 km's. If the alignment is out, it'll only take 1/10th of that many km's to ruin a tyre.

I guess you upgrade to some better rubber now. All four of them at one go. If you want you can go for 185/70/14.

Cheers.
  3. Vithal

Vithal

Bangalore
    Thanks for the reply gurjinder. Checked the alignment yesterday and it was perfect. No issue with that. In that case, is tyres not covered under 36 months of warranty?
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    None of the Wear n Tear Prone parts are covered under Warranty unless a manufacturing defect is identified. For instance a Burnt clutch is not covered while it is covered if there is a mechanical defect.