1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Change for Punto Active 1.3MJD under budget

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by saurav, Jul 2, 2012.

1. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    @ arjunr
    One of my Friend and myself had bad experience shopping from Snap Deal. I bought ZLO's and he bought Michelin's. Both of us weren't satisfied with the overall quality of tyres. My ZLO's (185/70 R14) were hard than what the reviews claim and I ended up in selling it. My friend's Michelin's were for Swift and he had to swap the tyres, did alignment and balancing to get the pulling issues fixed on the new tyres. We both were shipped tyres from a same seller. So, in my opinion it would be better to change tyres from a reputed Tyre shop in you city or consider changemytyre.com. The lucrative offer from Snap Deal is what made us lose peace of mind for some time.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I was getting alignment done at a Tyre shop here in Hyderabad the other day and inquired about the price for Michelin 3ST, he quoted 5900 and 6000 for 195/60 and 195/65 respectively.

VJ
  3. Gorav

Gorav

New Delhi
    Fellow Fiat Lovers, one query
    My stock tyre, JK Tornado, 165/80/R14, completely worn out at 42.5K, I can see the steel wire on driver's tyre :sad:

Query 1: Should I upgrade to 185/70/R14 ? Any pros and cons of upgrading ? specially around Mileage and driving comfort. I usually drive from Delhi to Noida Daily. 65 kms per day
    Query 2: Michelin Energy XM2 (4800 per piece) or Bridgestone Turanza ER 60 (4400 per piece) Delhi rates. Feedback on both please
    Query 3: Will it have any affect on ground clearance?:confused:
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Throw them away.
    185/70 R14 is right size if you want to go with stock rims.
    195/60 R15 is best size which suits Punto both look and dynamics wise.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    185/70 is best size for 14", considering handling and FE. From 165/80, FE might go little down but its insignificant if you compare the benefits.
    Michelin XM2 is excellent tyre for this size. Turanza is very good too. Take anyone.
    Let's know when you decide on this and your experience.

And negligible ground clearance difference.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  6. Gorav

Gorav

New Delhi
    Thanks Guys, I will be going this weekend for the new Tyres then. Getting the 185/70/R14 upgrade.
    One quick last question, has anyone idea about Turanza AR 20. (4250 per tyre, a bit cheaper than ER 60)
  7. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Alternatively you can check Goodyear NCT5 or GT3, they are seriously reliable and still used as OEM tires
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Turanza AR 20 is newer tyre, so you can take it.
  9. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Gorav,

I have updated my car's tyre from OE to 185/70/R14 and that too with Yokos A Drive. As i too agree, that this is the best profile for 14" and its amazing to drive.

I got it for Rs 3800 per Tyre.
  10. Gorav

Gorav

New Delhi
    Finally got the Bridgestone Turanza AR 20. 185/70/ R14
    4 tyres for 18300 including wheel balancing from The Tyre Plaza lajpat Nagar. Though I felt that dealer charged a bit more.

Will take the car to drive tomorrow and share my exp on upgrade.:)