1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Change for Punto Active 1.3MJD under budget

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by saurav, Jul 2, 2012.

1. HariKrish

HariKrish Timido

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, mostly i will go with Yoko A.

Just curious to know, if choice is between Yoko A drive and XM2, for what all features/reasons Yoko A will score above XM2 (not considering the price factor)

I read through many of the pages and forums but could not compare 1-1.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  2. pulikesh

pulikesh Timido

Hello harikrish

The price for yoko a drive seems to be good. Am also changing my Punto tyres this weekend size as Your same profileCan you please
    Pm me the dealer details?
    Thanks in a dvance

3. Yoko A drives are very silent tires ( I mean create very less road noise ). I have been using for past 6 months and very happy. Pls upgrade to 15 inch wheels and get 195/60 tires which suits punto well (same as punto emotion pack stock spec), if your budget permits. Punto handling will be awesome.
  4. pvnaraya

Dear Friends,

I bought my Punto(Emotion Diesel) in June 2011. Till now completed 38k kms. AS suggested by FASS and Tyre Dealers , planning to go for a tyre change in another couple of months. Needs suggestion abt the following.

1. Upgrade to 195/60 15 inch
    2. Upgrade to 185/70 14 inch

Would like to know the pros & cons of the above. Moreover is it good to choose MRF or else to go with Bridgestone !!!

Currently Punto is stocked with OEM tyres -- JK Tornado 175/70 - 14 inch
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    ^^If you are not keen on alloy, buy 15 inch steel rims with Linea CAP. And there are multiple option for 195/60 R15, Bridgestone MY02, Yoko AVS DB, S drive. Micheline P3ST. All are good tyre with slightly different from personal criterion.
  6. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Hello Friends....

Time to change the tyres for my Punto EP 1.3 bought in Feb 2011.

I am planning to switch to Michelin 3ST. Though it is priced high (@ Rs. 5950/-), I have got very good reviews from my known circle. Can someone throw some light on this please ?

7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Michelin tyres are normally the best comfort tyres, and 3ST is latest product, supposed to be replacing PLC.
    If budget is fine with you, go ahead, this is one of the best available in market.

BTW, where you got this quote, one of my friend recently changed at Madhus Tyres, and they charged 6200.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Sai Iyengar quoted 5900 for the primacy 3ST for 195/60 R15 for my friend's Punto. He should be getting these in a weeks time.
  9. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

nkrishnap & Ravi, I got the quote from Tyre Plus in HSR Layout Bangalore. This is after giving back my old tyres to them....BTW, Two of my four tyres are completely out of thread

I went ahead & replaced all the 4 tyres yesterday with Primacy 3ST 195/60/15. I was also recommended to switch to 195/65/15 to which I rejected. Planning for approx 2K kms trip in the next two weeks...Will update my comments after that....

nkrishnap, 5900 seems to be a good deal... Was this in Indiranagar (or) lalbagh road ? This is after giving back the old tyres ?

1 person likes this.
  10. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Snapdeal has a awesome deal for XM2 185/70 R14 . After all discounts and cash back it comes upto 4300 per tyre including free delivery. I recently purchased accelera tyres for arpund 3700 per piece . The shop keeper said they come with unconditional 4 year warranty even for road damage and so on. He mentioned the technology is similar to XM2 nad there would be less noise and atleast 60000 kms range . The tyre is still a little hard . Not sure if its because its a new tyre . He even gave me a one month exchange warranty if i didnt like the tyre.

Anyone has any experience with Accelera tyres ?