1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Change for Punto Active 1.3MJD under budget

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by saurav, Jul 2, 2012.

1. saurav

saurav Amatore

Hi Folks

I own a Fiat Punto Active 1.3 MJD and have clocked over 36k kms since Jan'11 and its the time for me to get new shoes for my babe. I wish to give her an upgrade in terms of width & not on radius.

I had earlier thought of Michelin XM2 and Tyre Plus, HSR Lyt in B'lore quoted 4900INR per tyre and additional for alignment & balancing. But this is like quite a lot for me since I would really have to stretch myself in this case.

About my driving pattern, its a good mix of city & highway drives. However, 70% of my current running has been on highways. I have been doing certain really long trips on the car. Over six 1500+kms trips since I bought the car and one 5.5k kms.

Now Gurus, help me decide on the tyres I should look at.

Saurav Anand
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I have got myself a set of MRF ZLOs (185/70/R14). They apparently have amazing grip and also provide a relatively quieter ride. I have got them at Rs 3900 per tyre. I am yet to get them fitted though.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  3. I have changed my car tyre on the first day of delivery. Brought Michelin XM2 185/70/R14 tyres 5 pieces after trading OEM JK tyre at a price of 10,500 Rs. I felt the tyre giving much comfort,less noice and good performer in both wet and dry surfaces.
  4. Bridgestone is better for Indian roads and they seem to offer better life compared to the Michelins... I've got Potenza 185 presently, 17k kms old and still solid at a place that has the worst roads of the country.
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Michilins.. are very good tyres.. they are soft tyres and hence the life is lower than others.. personally i won't go for them.. as the price is high and life is low..

are u mentioning the whole state or the district..

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Michilins.. are very good tyres.. they are soft tyres and hence the life is lower than others.. personally i won't go for them.. as the price is high and life is low..

are u mentioning the whole state or the district..
  6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    For long thread life , good grip, softening the road bumps @ min and less sound producing , Bridgestone is the best for Indian roads , May be a little cost but worth it.
  7. saurav

saurav Amatore

Just spoke to one of the Tyre Dealers here in Bangalore. He quoted the following for the 185/70 R14 tyres:

Apollo - 3950 INR
    Bridgestone Ponteza GIII - 4500 INR
    Michelin XM2 - 4600 INR

I guess I'm more inclined toward Bridgestone since lot many reviews that I read, people don't have good reviews for Michelin in terms of life.

Guys please help me decide as I need to get new tyres by the weekend

8. royj

royj Esperto

My experience with Bridgestone over the past 10 years has been good and in future too, Bridgestone will continue to be one of my primary choice.
    I had Bridgestone OEM on my previous Santro and my current Punto too has Bridgestones 175/70 R14 as OEM.
  9. Anish_A

Hi Saurav

I have installed Michelin XM2 so far so good i felt it is rugged. The XM2 is has a better design and technology when compared to its predecessor

The softer tires stuff is way off of ages and the newer ones have been designed keeping in mind the Indian Roads.
    I'm not able to add an attachment else i would have pointed out the positives on Michelin XM2.

Although i have been a hardcore fan of Bridgestone and have it on my scoripo. 30K done and it still looks and feels new.
    Damn these tires are made for shitty roads .:). But the noise is quite high and the drive comfort is not all that great when compared to Michelin XM2

But u can also check in SAI Iyengar Tires show they have one of the better deals.
    You can quote that you are from team fiat and they should give u a better deal. We have got three car tires replaced from them in bannerghatta road.

1 person likes this.
  10. saurav

saurav Amatore

Thanks for your response. I had been running on JK Tyres Tornado 165/70 R14 till now, which came in as OEM tyres on my car.

I stay in JP Nagar & BG Road showroom would be an ideal place for me. Can you please guide me to the showroom.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012