1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Brands Pouring in Indian Market

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Raghavnu, Feb 27, 2013.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Adding to what gurjinder has highlighted, I noticed that the new bimmers are coming with MRF ZLOs. Frankly speaking, I would be expecting Pirelli or Falken sorts in such premium cars.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is some news. While I agree to expect more premium tyres, my inclination towards ZLO has increased further. I believe BMW would have tested exhaustively. I need to change the tyres in my Linea as soon as I am back.
  3. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Can someone describe the attributes of Nexen tires?
    They are, apparently damn cheap.
    Do they fall in the Kenda komet category?
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Even I was shocked when I saw that. I agree that BMW would have done their homework. :)

There are mixed reviews for ZLOs on our forum itself. Another good option for you, Bridgestone MY 02s. You can have a demo from me if you wish. :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Great. We will catch up sometime after I come back. :)
  6. Kenda is cheapest tyre , Nexen tyre is not as cheap as kenda but these tires are basically hard compound tires ... dealers were offering 5 year warranty (orally).. experience with them comment somebody who have used them extensively ...
    And there is one more Brand Linglong tires....
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I bought Maxxis 205/55/15 for 4200(AFAIK) a few months back.
    If you thought GT3 was hard this is the baap of GT3 ;-)
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here are few updates what i have done.
    the stock Gt3 have run 52000K Kms after having blow out on left rear decided to change all the tires but that too in installments you can find more details in this thread .
    i wanted more GC hence decided to upgrade the tire profile from 195/60/R15 to 195/65/R15 hence bought two new tires Yoko AVS DB,these are fitted in the front.the rear two tires are still GT3,2 weeks before i had another blow out(again left rear) changed with spare tire and purchased one new spare tire i.e Bridgestone MY02.i wanted both noise and grip proportionately hence decided for Yoko(front) & Bridgestne(Rear).
  9. Now which is better for you GT3 or Maxxis...?
    Hard...? are u pointing towards sidewall of the tyre...
    if they are hard then there might be lot of noise with them and what is grip level....?:confused:

Hey Ganges what is the reason behind going for different brand of tires at same time ... when Yoko's are good why choose on MY02 over yoko ..
    Any Technical reason behind this choice or just went on looks (pattern):confused:
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wanted to know the dynamic changes in ride when two different brand/pattern tires are used.From reviews i felt that MY02 have nice grip than Yoko AVS DB(silent).
    Now i'm having proportionate Grip, Low noise ,comfort from all 4 tires.Lets see how it feels.