1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Brands For 205/55-15

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by moksh, Oct 22, 2013.

1. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Hello TFians
    Please Tell Me Brands Which We Get For 205/55-15 with Prices and if you have bought cheaper please post it too.
    1)Accelera Alpha -4399
    [​IMG]
    2)Nankang NS2-4075
    [​IMG]
    3)Hankook Ventus V8RS-5497
    [​IMG]
    4)Yokohama S Drive -5800
    [​IMG]

5)Continental Premium Contact 2 -7217
    [​IMG]

6)Maxxis MA Z1-4966
    [​IMG]

Let Me know How is Nankang as Compare To Yokohama ,i don't Feel to pay approx 1800 more for Yokohama please give your suggestion.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    One of our members got Yokohama S-drives here in Hyderabad for Rs.5800 /- a piece for his new 90HP sport.

I am currently running on the same tyres and my next set would be the same. 16k run so far and I am pretty impressed with them in terms of overall grip and braking. Only once did I (actually the tyre guy) noticed a screw pierced through the grooves on one of the tyres. Removed the screw and fixed the puncture. This was 5k kms back when I was getting the wheel rotation, balancing and alignment done.
  3. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    How Is your Tought for Nankang
    I would change the price currently so that it would help others too
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    The price differs from dealer to dealer. I wouldn't recommend changing the price in this thread. Thats the best price our member got and I haven't heard from anyone else whom I know and are using S drives to pay less than 6k.

I donot have any experience with Nankang and hence I cannot comment. The first set that I used for my Punto were Yokohama ES100 195/60 R14 and the next set are S-drives. I can only give my views on these both.
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Maxxis is good but gets hell noisy after 20k run.Am currently running on them and switching over to some other option sooner. Maxxis is again available for sale in Indian market and cost is 4100-4200 approx in Delhi.
  6. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Of the bunch I would say MA-Z1 any day, but keep in mind these are hard compound and the tyre noise is notoriously high and will be unbearable after 8k kms, plus getting a set is not easy...

Share more info on what are you looking for? Apart from the size... longevity, performance, tyre noise, sidewall strength, ride comfort..
  7. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Bro Patern Impress me First ... Medium Compound or Soft Compound Will Interest Me More Tire Noise i have never heard ever in my car so basically i dont know what is tyre noise
    1) Pattern
    2)Performance
    3)Longevity upto 30-40k
    4)Ride Comfort
    5) Price
  8. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Ok I cancel Maxxis From My List

Hows Falken Do we Get in india and any idea price range

ZIEX ZE-912

ziex-ZE912.png
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm using maxxis but not the one you have on your photo. I can say that the grip is just amazing but noise is horrible. I think I've done 20 k on it now and I can feel the road in the steering wheel it's very noisy. If you are ok then pick it or else stay away.
    Nankang is also hard but is known to be quieter. You May want to check with tfian nkrishna. He is running on it and has good opinion

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Not considering Apollo 4G?