1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre air pressure guage.

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by vtlreja2, May 31, 2014.

1. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
  2. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I have my own portable air compressor which is fitted with an Analog gauge and is five years old and still working fine. So it has been a long time since I wasted my wasting my time at petrol bunks and I keep this in the car all the time so if I have any punctures on the highways, I can just fill up and continue. Very convenient.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    It is pretty simple to use and the built quality is good.
    Tried once to fill an empty tire (205/55/R16) of my Linea and it took around 7 minutes to fill from scratch to 36psi. Well, it does fill a WagonR tyre in 3 minutes.
    1 person likes this.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

One more user of Accutire digital tire preassure gauge here - got it from Amazon US, through a friend. I had a Black and Decker Air Station some years back (in Kerala), but never brought another when I moved to Bangalore. Now that I have so many mouths to feed (read - tyres to fill), I may invest in one again.

Thanks for the link, Arryan - how much did the compressor cost?
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    I recently bought this from ebay. It's serving the purpose very well.

DSCF1739modified.originalcoidotyrepressuregaugemeter.jpg
  6. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Not much, fifteen hundred only.
    1 person likes this.
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is good to have a pressure measuring gauge and a tire inflation motor. But vtlreja2, can you tell one thing? When you checked the tire pressure with higher PSI, whether it is just you stopped in a fuel station and checked? This question is valid as whenever you drive, the tires are heated and obviously the air in the tire will expand. So the PSI reading will be at higher. If you let the tires to cool and checked you will get the correct reading of PSI. As well have you checked for any puncture in the tire that had 18 PSI?
    vtlreja2 likes this.
  8. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yes bro. that was my mistake they were hot,
    fellow members already cleared my doubts,
    no puncture though.
    thanks
  9. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    The sturdy brass gauges are the ones which are most accurate IMHO. Whatever it is, if you DROP a gauge, even from a few centimeters distance, it is a gonner! The membrane and spring inside will lose its calibration for ever! The roadside ones are used as a gauge, a hammer, a paperweight, dog-shoo away and many other innovative uses. As a result, it measures everything but pressure!
    vtlreja2 and rajks like this.