1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Advice

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Saumya, Dec 28, 2014.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Not too keen on the P3ST. I feel they are on the softer side and i cannot afford them too.

How does the apollo alnac 4g compare to Accelere, is it softer or harder in comparison?
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    U can go for Vredestein Spotrac 5..(Rs.5300).....I am also on a tyre Hunt and confused between P3st and Spotrac 5.
  3. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

Guys most people around who are using these tires are suggesting Falken..cause
    1. The unconditional warranty.
    2. Price . i started getting quotes fr it from 5k till now lately 3950/- so it fits budget.
    3. The thing is that the car has run for a while. So it's not going to be able to run much on the new tyres as regards efficiency. so you will have to replace the tires buy around 35-40000kms...so keeping in mind the economics i shortlisted yoko n falken. They seem the best that money can buy when on a buget.

Yokos are also verryy good...jst that they r asymmetrical and that the only hitch for me.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

I guess they are pretty much same. A friend of mine has recently purchased so i knew the cost
  5. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

apollo also has a new variant wjich us Alnac 4G S i.e silicone...i saw them at the distributor of Apollo in Mumbai dahisar... Costs a tad less than the alnac surprisingly...
  6. aswin.sukumar

aswin.sukumar Timido

Just out of curiosity...

What about MRF - ZV2K or MRF - ZSLK
    I really not sure about the too much soft compound tyres, since the Bangalore roads are tyre grating machines for our heavy torque Italian Beauty. Most of the tyres discussed in this thread are soft compound ones, which I think not so good for our garden city grater roads.

My choice is MRF or Good Year or Bridgestone, I have a MJD Dynamic which has 165/80 R14 Good Year Duraplus.

Can I increase the tyre profile?
    If so, what would be recommended tyre size for the stock rim?
    Can I go for a hard compound like MRF?
    Any implication if I use a hard compound?
    I dont want to get a too softer compound tyres and grate in this Bangalore roads, so what would be the best suggestion?

Kindly advise,

7. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Linea 1.4
    My 2009 Linea Emotion Pk, Petrol needs new shoes :) Have done over 41K on stock tyres. After looking on TeamFiat and multiple other forums have decided to go with 195 / 60 R15, Michelin P3ST. I mostly drive in city on reasonably good roads in Hyderabad. Patient non-speedy driving. Once or twice a year 1000KM plus drives. Priority on comfort and grip.

Need advice on:

1. Changing only front 2 tyres or all 4. Front 2 have more wear and tear. Rear ones are just OK, might another 3-4K. Should I get 2 new rear and move the rear ones to front for 3-4 months. Then buy another pair. Stock tyres are April 2009 manufactured.

2. The spare tyre has a side wall puncture and is on with a tube only for emergencies. Want to get rid of the spare as well. With this should get all 4 and use 1 from rear as spare or buy a new spare.

3. Front tyre has more wear on outer side of the section. What care need to be taken for the new set.

4. Any recommendations for Michelin dealers in HITECH city Hyderabad. Also for changing balancing, alignment if I buy on-line.

5. Snapdeal is selling set of 4 P3ST for 21475. Can anyone comment on manufacturing dates on purchases from snapdeal. And what happens to old tyres when bought from snapdeal.

8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    1. Change front tyres with rear and use for max 1-2K km. We are usually more optimistic in calculating the life of our tyres ( try to make it best VFM ). Use this time to check on tyre option and best bargain. Maybe if you can manage till 15th Aug, some websites and paytm might have a cash back offer

2. Side wall puncture tubeless with a tube should be okay for emergencies only. If you still want to change get a used tyre from a good tyre store. They might have same specification tyre from a new car who would have upgraded tyres right after showroom or a few hundred kms on it

3. Check your tyre pressure. Outer section wear ( on both sides if the tyre ) means you have been driving under-inflated tyres. Spend approx 350-400 and get a tyre pressure guage from ebay ( Coido make ). Keep checking once every week on cold tyres ( before start of your first ride of the day )

4. & 5. Will let the other chip in as have no answers for these
  9. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

firstly HUGGEE Sorry for writing in late to all....

The Recommendation:
    And a HUGGE thanks to TF-ian @pronoy_banerjee for giving me confidence to go ahead with Falken Tyres.
    He has been using them for a while & was also courteous to exchange numbers to share experience and extend a helping hand.
    So i'm writing here in a way to " Carry the Good work Forward " hence sharing my experience with Falken Tyres So that it could help others in doubt like I was before purchasing them !!

The Purchase:
    Rs.16000/- 4 Falken Tyres SN835. Replaced all at once :) As Advised by TF-ians.
    Purchased from J.P Tyres Star Bazaar Andheri West - Mumbai. (Hugely Recommend this guy for competitive Rates & Great Service.)

Thr Grip :
    Have used them for a good 5000 kms or even more now and have been on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway lately uptill Lavassa & I touched a 120-140 kmph for a long stretch in the rains & BOY oh BOY ......they do have superb Grip.
    No worries as regards Aqua Panning, Skidding and stuff like that!

Service :
    It was my bad luck that I had a puncture within a few weeks time and also the tyre ran on a flat tyre for quite a distance before we realized, resulting in those scrapped rubber in the tyre. I thought that they would not replace the tyre so soon as claimed by them under the special road hazard warranty policy. But they did it...I dropped the tyre at the point of Purchase & then they seem to have measured tyre tread or something and all I had to do was pay Rs.450/- and I got a brand new tyre Replaced !!

My Views:
    Very Good After Sales !!
    No Problem with tyre Grip at All !!
    Swast & Mast Tyres !!
    I am very Happy with the tyres ... GO FOR IT !! :)
    asimpleson and pronoy_banerjee like this.
  10. Linea2013

Linea2013 Timido

Pirelli is also a good option.