1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Advice

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Saumya, Dec 28, 2014.

1. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Friends,
    I am in a trouble with single Goodyear(OE) on my Punto 90HP Sport. It got punctured,left a large hole and blew out fully suddenly.I am told to change the tyre when taken it to a local repair shop,but I did not.Now planning to take it to a better place(Tyre Empire,HSR,Bangalore) as they may have better facilities to fix it.If at all the response is same,should I put the same brand and model or is possible to shift to Bridgestone,Yokohoma etc....?

Can any one please advise fast:)
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If changing only one tyre, stick to same size and brand.

Yes Tyre Empire, HSR is good place to get it done.
  3. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Ravi for swift response! I will put the same if needed.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 22, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 22, 2015 ---
    I have got it fixed using 9mm mushroom patch from Tyre Empire,HSR,Bangalore. They had given me this as first option and putting a tube as second.Since it was not found leaking till they checked by putting in water,advised me to go with the first option itself.

By the way,the mud flap(cup type) got fully damaged during the incident as it might have touched on the hump at where the puncture noticed.Is it possible to get only one mud flap in that case or I will have to go for full set? If so how much it may cost approx?
  4. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    hey sorry for the late reply.....

but a huge thanks to all for the Inputs.

I finally waited and now am going to change all 4 tyres as per advice given here. :)

Now zeroed in on
    - Falken Sincera SN835 -Rs.4250/- Each (Rs.17000 total) - Anand Tyres Milan Subway
    - Yokohama C Drive - Rs.4300/- Each (Rs.17200 total) - J P Tyres Veera Desai
    - Apollo Alnac 4G S - Rs.4225/- Each (Rs.16900 Total) - Dahisar Apollo Distributor

No Additional cost on all except the Weight that would be used during wheel balancing.

Now I went with Falkens in mind since I was strongly recommended them by 2 friends. Also cause they have a 2 years unconditional warranty. But I could Not find and other reviews online for the same hence skeptical.

Just now on my way back I got these rates for the YOKO C Drives @ 4300 a piece and now I am tempted to go for the same without thinking much cause the web is filled with positive feedback for these tires.

Apollo now takes a back seat cause here I don't have to return my old tyres...haha ..sorry being cheezy here... and also as compared to Brands like YOKO & Falken ... the Apollo definately takes a beating.

Please advice am I correct ?? I mean Should I go for the YOKO C Drives??
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 19, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 19, 2015 ---
    Err..sorry but Falken im getting for 3950/- each.... Which is 1500 cheaper for a set of 4 compared to yokos
  5. Zsa-Zsa

Zsa-Zsa Timido

Pune, MH
    I am happy with Bridgestone MY02... I have done 55k already and still feel there is some rubber for another 5k. One disadvantage ofcourse is that you cannot rotate the tyres diagonally just like that as it has a defined rotation... you will have to completely take them out from the rims and reverse the direction of tyres...
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 19, 2015 ---
    Oh by the way I got them from Darshan Tyres on Nagar Road, Opposite to Hyatt, Vimannagar for 4050 per tyre...in 2013
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Is the 4300 price for c drive for 195/60 r 15 tyres? If yes, that's a very good deal. Did u check manufacturing date?
  7. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    Yes yes 4300 it is for C Drives..... And i have yet to see the manufacturing date....all i know is ..the date should be around 6months earlier max...m i correct?
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    yeah 6 months sounds ideal.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 20, 2015 ---
    Im looking for something in 195/65 - R15. Suggestions anyone? C drive is not available in 195/65 i guess.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Did you check online? changemytyres.com?? Snapdeal also is offering some good discounts these days although the website is a bit notorious for certain things.

Is the Wheel alignment/balancing also included in the cost??
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I would suggest Michelin P3ST. you should get those somewhere around 6100`6200 per tyre. if you want to save some money then Apollo alnac 4g. this should cost around 5K per tyre