1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Advice

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Saumya, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    Hey guys ...

I have already clocked around 52k on my Apollo Accellere Stock Tyres and the local guy says it can do another 5000kms haha.....i knw i knw it's long due to change... so here I am again...willing to change but all confused which one to take ?? i've shortlisted:

Apollo Alnac 4G
    Bridgestone
    Yohohama Earth
    Good year

All are in the range of 4.5-5k from Snapdeal.com & Local Vendors.

(p.s. - Offlate the car's giving me a lot of maintenance cost. Got my Bushes and linkages Replaced recently & Spent around 5k + Glow plug has to be replaced + 60k-Service of Rs.20k going to come soon & Now Tyre. Hence, I'm on a budget mode so only gonna replace 2 front tyres. Please Suggest tyre !! help help.)
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As you are doing the change in installment, would be great if you spend 1000 rupees more and get Yoko AVS DB(Silent tires) good grip.
    when i bought,it was 5400INR per tire.
    Currently two tires i have Earth1, very noisy tires.
    Saumya likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If you are willing to spend close to 11k per pair, Yokohama for the soft compound and great grip and comfort or Michelin 3ST. Contact Bhogle @ Acme Tyres, Goregoan for a good deal. Might throw in some wheel alignment- toe setting too.

Yes as @Ganges mentioned better to spend close to 5.5k per tyre for a decent choice. Yoko Db are very nice too.
    Saumya likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    If you had a good experience with Apollo Acceleres, then stick to Alnac. They both have the same genes and will last the same. I would suggest to run the existing tyres for another 5k kms and then change all the 4 at one go instead of two now.

BTw what's the tyre size you are looking for?, You havent mentioned that.

A couple of more brands you can choose from are : Michelin Primary LC, Falken Sincera, Kendra etc. Try changemytryes.com for a comparison and offers, they deliver the tyres too
    Saumya likes this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @Saumya, I would also suggest to change all 4 at once. Front tyres wear more and it is advised to put new tyres at the rear so the difference in wear will increase with time if you change two.

By the way Michelin PLCs have been stopped now and even if we find them somewhere, they would be close to 2 years old in all probability.
    Michelin P3STs are what we get now in place of PLCs
    Saumya and ghodlur like this.
  6. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    Thanks @shams @godhlur @Ganges and @asimpleson

- im looking at same Tyre size which is the same as standard 195/60 R 15.

- somehow im not keen in Kendra and other such brands may be the trust is just not there since the others r trusted brands and will surely not fail me when in emergency braking etc.

- michelin is out of budget.

- changing all 4 at once is what most of em have adviced...leme see if i should do this itll last longer.

- and so finaly i have to zero in on either Apollo Alnac 4G or else Yokohama AVS DB.
  7. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    Apollo Alnac 4G - Rs.17194/- (4299Each)
    OR
    Yokohama AVS DB v550 - Rs.18482/- (4620Each)

Both are 195/60 R15 88H - So which one ?? :rolleyes:
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Apollo Alnac for rugged tyre usage & bearable tyre noise.
    Yokos for silent tyres.

Decide yourselves.
    Saumya likes this.
  9. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    Guys people have been suggesting me for Falken Sincera SN 835 as well...(Rs.18825/-for 4 , 4700each).
    Ur say?
  10. supriy.fale

supriy.fale Timido

Thane
    I upgraded my Punto 90 HP tyres to Yokohama AVS DB 550 195/60 R15 (stock size) recently. I paid Rs 5400/- each so you are getting a good deal on these.

Initial impression is a smooth steering and less cabin noise.

BTW I got a Black & Decker portable vacuum cleaner free with the set of 4 tyres!

This cleaner has the name of Yoko Earth 1 on it so this must be from Yokohama and not the dealer.