1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by kannan.suraj, Jun 2, 2012.

1. After a lot of thinking ive decided to take the italian beauty to her extend a one stretch drive to kollur , Myself , my wife and kids planned the trip , So we started off by noon from Trivandrum through MC road to Angamali with AC on , This was my first ever 500KM stretch drive one way , little bit scared abt the distance oneway clocks around 835Km. didnt do any prechecks since its ran 3100Km , Checked the tyre pressure done 32 on each filled up the diesel full tank and vroommmmmmmmm.

So started off through MC road via Muvattupuzha to Angamali 4 lane Road, The Punto's handling is fantastic in the Muvattupuzha stretch in MC very rigig , smooth and comfort , She was cruising at the curves and turnings in a very simple manner with more control. started crusing the italian beauty at the Angamali -thrissur 4 lane highway tried 120 didnt take much risk since kids were on board .

So stayed at calicut for a 5 hr halt. Started early morning from calicut at 3 am to kollur , The steering control was amazing in the Manglore - kollur stretch just overtaking the Ventos, and polos cruising at 110 wow its an experience , Sadly i didnt see any Puntos till Kollur in the highway.

So next phase is a risky one , On my way back decided to push 835Km in one go , I told my wife its a ride and it will be test for a 17 hr so we started the return trip at 5 30 from kollur , The breaks were just maximum 30 min at 2 times for having food, I didnt face and niggles when my beauty taking us back , i was driving with confidence , im a 6 2 ft guy i knew the leg space will be not that much easy when i chose Punto.

But it was perfect , really missed the Arm rest , its a must i felt though for a typical long drive, no strains on legs on Traffic or applying clutch in the Mahe - Calicut stretch, Always the AC was one except for a few hrs in the early mornings to and fro

The fuel efficiency was 17.2Km/l on the whole journey ,

So it was a nice experience really loved the drive with the MJD emotion without any single issues.
    4 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3

How was the overall road condition? Especially after Thrissur?
  3. Road condition is gud till calicut , In Manglore Highway intermitant deviations need to take since work is going on
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you are driving it without giving any rest since you bought it man !! so many long trips in such a short time.. where are the pics? only write up?
    I guess this is the standard fuel economy in long trips if we are pushing it.. even i m getting only 17.5, when most of the time we are above 100, if we maintain a speed of 80, it shoots up above 20 !! i loved the roads from ekm all the way till calicut , neatly paved, smooth as silk.

And you can get arm rests installed in your car, its simple . Many have done it here, search the forum.. order the parts and fix it yourself !!
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Hi Varun, After got my car i love driving it just pushing her to many long routes really enjoying the ride . and today got the car to Mohandas for the first service i told Mr Manoj(SA) abt the FE , according to him its low so the airfilter will get cleaned and other necessary check ups will be taken care of, even washing and wheel alignment is free wow.... Ill check the arm rests its badly needed one. whether it will void any warranty issues if i get it done?? Ill upload the pics soon
  6. sungoa2010

How was the road condition in mahe-Talassery? That is the worst part of the Highway. One has to enter the talassery town. A bypass is very much needed.
    1 person likes this.
  7. That stretch is very worse, U will be in traffic for atleast 35 min to clear the thalassery stretch
  8. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Thanks for sharing the driving experience..
    I think you could have choose NH47 over MC road till Angamaly.
  9. Coz of traffic its better to travel in MC and road conditions from Kollam to Kayamkulam is worse
  10. Road condition from Calicut onwards towards Kannur is very good as of now since I travel from Ekm to Knr and back on a weekly basis.

Mahe - Tellicherry roads are very narrow and nothing has or will ever be done for that stretch.

Need more pics from you end..... :)