1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TV Auto Shows reach a new low(Zigwheels/Wheelocity, now OD)

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by PaddleShifter, Sep 19, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I have watched some episodes of Zigwheels a few months back on YouTube. It is undoubtedly one of the most biased Auto show aired on TV. The reviews on their website are sponsored by Nissan as per their website.

Two weeks back, I was watching Wheelocity while having breakfast and they were comparing Mid-Size sedans(ANHC, Vento, Linea, Fiesta and SX4). Now here there was this woman journalist who was driving Linea and her statement was "As far as features are concerned, this is a very basic car and does not offer you many features). ::OO
    No comments from me on this.

There are better ones like The Car and Bike Show and Overdrive if we are to rate a few out of all these being currently aired(Car&bike, overdrive, times drive, zigwheels, auto car, raftaar, chakke pe chakka, wheelocity and a few more).

This week, Overdrive is showing "Mega hatchback test 2010". It's part 2 was aired today on IBN. While I was watching it I noticed that it was a big disappointment to see some short comings:

Nano, Polo and Punto were shown to fail the emergency lane changing maneuver testing. I don't think they were doing it correctly especially in case of Polo.

Punto has a 280L boot space, i20= 300L, Jazz= >300L.
    Still Punto's score was equal to i10 etc.

It seems even Overdrive is getting paid and is becoming a whole lot more corrupted.
    While they were testing Polo a few months back, they brought that 7 feet OD member while Sirish was commenting on Polo's headroom. Too unfair! :punch
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: TV Auto Shows reach a new low(Zigwheels/Wheelocity, now

Here are some screenshots from the videos I had saved in July 2k10. I've resized them to 600x450 but the scroll bars are back. ::V

Polo- Overdrive review1.jpg

Polo- Overdrive review2.jpg

Polo- Overdrive review3.jpg

i20 Overdrive.jpg
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

i have just stopped watching these shows on TV coz they are all baised. these so called auto journalist dont know anything about the car they are presenting. i think we are better in knowledge about the cars they feature. they only show what people want to see so that they have a high TRP ratings. they dont have the guts to tell that Punto is best cars in india which has so many features for safety , handling , performance and FE. OD is very severely baised against Fiat. they compare a nano with jazz. its a real joke. figo is a VFM car for them coz people are running after it.
  4. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Wheelocity & Overdrive are Pathetic to say the least. And the other show which joins the bandwagon is, Aaj Tak's Chakke Pe Chakka. I watch this show whenever i am getting bored and want a Good Dose of Laughter :)

Wheelocity's anchor, dosent know anything about cars. Seems so by her absurd reviews which she gives :) I feel like laughing whenever i see that show.
    What to say about Overdrive, they are blatantly Biased for SOME brands, and that is clearly visible to a common man. One of my Friend who dosent know much about Automobiles pointed out that the guys from Overdrive seems to be biased. Why cant the guys at Overdrive see this, that even the General Public is also aware about their Bias :)

Somewhat, i like the Car & Bike Show, that guy is decent and always his comments are Crisp. No Nonsense.
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Worst of the lot I have found is wheelocity. What a stupid waste of a TV time. Where did Zee find that anchor!
  6. sungoa2010

After buying punto I hardly watch any auto show? Some times watch ndtv car and bike show in you tube(so that I can forward it if don't like it)
    2 people like this.
  7. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Guys Overdrive is a shit!! At least in Wheelocity I have heard few times good comments/recommendation to buy Punto. Overdrive is pathetic, one idiot fellow who answers queries - Mr. Tutu Dhawan - he doesnt know anything about cars. He is biased about Maruti and Hyundai cars and says "70 bhp nikalti hai". Nikalti hai dalti hai what sort of wording he uses. They show very basics about car maintenance, which any common man knows.

I have written so many tweets to Joyneel on tweeter and he never replys to my queries. Never...
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

I think we should just let this one pass in the name of democracy.
    I watch it only because i get to see cars . I dont give it anything more or anything less.. I dont care if they say the car is good or otherwise.

I believe that anyone "Who really wants to own a car" will definitely do the research and buy the best car around and not simply go with someone else's opinions..
    I too have noticed this especially with autocar when they didn't even compare punto in the hot hatchbacks fight. That is just plain unfair.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I watch only Top Gear and ready only Top Gear. It's a shame I wasted my time with everything else till I discovered it.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Relativity, +1
    Even though those guys are a bit anti democratic and diplomatic in a lot of things, I really feel if there is any car show out there that is worth watching then its this one.

Also they are bloody racists man ;-)