1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tuscon Wine Punto 90HP First Service in TAFE (Don't) Reach - Chennai

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by FiatJay, May 3, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    So you stay pretty close to me I believe. I stay near Camp Road. Let's catch up sometime if you stay very close.

Is this the Motomall in Sembakkam, How do you find the quality of install to be it. Sun Film installation guys can screw up pretty much anything, So would recommend someone highly reviewed.

It's better you buy the Jopasu gift set available in E-Bay, It'll get you the Duster, Micro fibre cloth and some other things which would worth for maintaining your car.
  2. FiatJay

FiatJay

Chennai
    • Yes I am staying in E-Tambaram near sanatoriam station. :)
    • I have not yet fixed sunfilm. Planning to do it tomorrow. Motomall MountRoad.
    • Thanks for your E-Bay info. let me look at that.

I have couple of questions.. Expecting comments from the experts

1. Some How i am feeling when I do Gear shift looks like driving old car. Gear knob is shaking when it is in Gear Mode. Is that the way the Fiat cars? or I am stupid :(
    2. Still I could not find a clear answer for Run-In period. I am planning to go with < 2000 RPM for first 1000 Kms. after that planning to take long trip (Coimbatore) what is the recommended speed and RPM.
    3. Any oil change required after 1000kms?
    4. After i taken a delivery i filled full tank. but with in 300 kms half tank gone. When i checked the Trip info its shows Avg mileage 6.3 kms? Dont know whats happening?
    5. Tomorrow i got a appointment in TASS to fix my broken rubber beadings. do i need ask anything specifically for mileage and gear problem
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    1. No , it shouldn't vibrate when driving. And its definitely not the way in FIAT cars. Our Linea MJD does not do that , and neither our old Palio 1.9D. So , i reckon you get it checked at your first service.

2. There should not be any run-in period as such. Drive it normally , show the engine some revs. Just do not rip it.
    Showing the revs means to gradually increase accelerator input till a certain rpm is reached , rather than to stomp the accelerator.
    To limit the engine to 2000rpms during its running in would be a folly. Do not hesitate in showing it 2500+ rpms. Just be gradual. And do not hold 2500+ rpms for long. Just let the engine feel the revs , then back off.

Second, do not drive for extended periods at constant rpms. Keep varying them. No sudden acceleration or braking.

3. It is never a bad idea to do that.

4. Check whether your MID is showing consumption in Litres/100kms. You can select "kmpl" option from My Menu.

5. Yes you should get the gear lever checked. It should not vibrate or move while in gear or otherwise.

And , always observe good practices of idling after cold starts and hot shutdowns. Turbo-diesels deserve that.

Gurjinder.
  4. FiatJay

FiatJay

Chennai
    Gurjinder Thank you so much for your inputs. Let me check with Service center tomorrow.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
  5. 3M RE films are know to cause interruption to mobile signals,try to go for CR for all, problem is these dealers don't keep stock of CR except front.
    RE is a metal film, I went to the huperoptik just to aviod metal films.
    -Sat
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  6. I am using RE35 for my sides and back. CR70 for the front on all the cars i had till date including my current Tjet.

I use Garmin GPS/Satnav maps and my Blackberry with windows closed (i never open the windows), i have never faced any reception issues till date.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat jay, do check up with the TASS the gear knob is not moving or vibrating when the car is in motion,
    As said by Gurjinder do check whether your MID is showing consumption in Litres/100kms.
    Mine when i took the delivery it gave 7.5 kmpl now it reads 12.1 kmpl in bumper to bumper drive in New mumbai.
    I have garware film fixed, No issues.
    Do post the pictures of the TW Punto
  8. FiatJay

FiatJay

Chennai
    Today I went to TASS. Discussed with Service person about Gear knob issue and mileage problem. He told all new fiat car comes like that. He even showed some other new Puntos I felt the same (Actually my issues is i am able to shake the Gear knob like old car in a gear mode. No vibrating while going in highway). he suggested to fix the Rubber beadings issues on first service due to heavy crowed.

So finally i went to moto mall and spent almost whole day to fix sun film and seat covers. Here is couple of pics.

IMG_20110507_165731.jpg
    IMG_20110507_121816.jpg
    IMG_20110507_150443.jpg
    IMG_20110507_150514.jpg
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    nice choice of seats buddy, specially the Maroon line on the seats is a good coordination the TW Grande, Any more accessories loaded on the beauty?
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Keeping biege clean is a big pain on your backside :(