1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tuscan wine uncorked on 1st Feb'11

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Pilot_On_Wheels, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Pilot_On_Wheels

Pilot_On_Wheels

Pune
    The baby is born...

I feel like a proud father. On the way home from Pandit Auto I enjoyed all the bumps, pot holes, twist and turns and one cyclist also allowed me to test the brakes... All things on the first run...

Pics to be uploaded soon... Can you believe I'm actually taking sick leave from office to read the manuals and enjoy the ride...

I think 'Crazy' is how my state is best defined

Surprisingly I could't believe to have crunched almost 119 Kms on first day itself and that too city driving :)
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey Pilot_on_wheels, congrats on ur baby, U r surely in love with it, like we all are.

Taking sick leaves from work, just proves ur Love and admiration. We wouldn't mind seeing a picture or two of the beauty :)
  3. Pilot_On_Wheels

Pilot_On_Wheels

Pune
    Thanks Ansal..!

The best thing is I have heavily read through most of blog topics posted and everytime people referring the 'throttle' as 'accelerator' puzzled me, however after driving it I think it surely is an accelerator :). It seems the speedometer will keep turning if you dont lighten the pedal...

The second gear may be long for some but for me its just like making the vehicle a 'Diesel Rocket'(Forgive me for quoting chevy's puncline here). The sound and feel is simply like car saying "...everybody.. better get out of my way"
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Congrats Pilot_On_Wheels on bringing home the most powerful diesel hatch.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratultions and best wishes, Pilot_On_Wheels. As you are suffering from incurable love towards your Punto, taking sicky is fully justified! ::T
  6. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    Congrats dude! Enjoy your beauty.....
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Congrats on your new car buddy! Enjoy the experience.

Where are the pictures? I hope you don't drive like a pilot on wheels ::D
  8. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    congrats mat !! enjoy with care.
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Congrats man. Enjoy the drive and post some pics please
  10. Pilot_On_Wheels

Pilot_On_Wheels

Pune
    Tuscan wine uncorked on 1st Feb'11 (Picture updated)

Thanks all for your wishes... :)

The driving experience was simply :wow . The only thing which needed to be tuned in my driving was breaking. Having driven Alto I slowed on most of the potholes forgetting that the new 'biggy' just reply to potholes with only a thud (if at all) sound and makes you feel that you missed the pot hole :mrgreen:

Most amazingly I was accompanied by another friend of mine (having swift VDi) and asked to drive the car a while. I was a bit hesitant but then gave the car to him and then kept on listening to his appraises about the drive, cornering, pickup, ABS & EBD (a dog made him break @100 km/h without car making a swing on any direction and could maneuver to save the dogs) ::OO and he was all praise for ABS few Kms.

@Amit: I Dont drive fast its 90HP that makes me do that :oops: :D

04022011403.jpg