1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TUSCAN WINE LINEA- Dent Removal & Repainting

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by ibsr, Sep 8, 2011.

1. For those who are scared about getting their Tuscan wine touch up or repainted..
    here is an useful information...
    Couple of days back.. An idiot riding a scooter came skidding and hit my TUSCAN WINE linea :mad: .. Creating a long streak like dent from my LHS Front door till the rear bumper (including Rear LHS door and gram body..)..Luckily he had a rubble handle grip on the scooter which created only a dent and did not scratch out the paint... However, once dent is removed i knew i had to go for touch up or repaint.....
    It was really paining to see my beauty with dent :(... remember she is hardly 5 months old !.. I approached TASS.. They quoted a huge some.. Rs.10350.. Though the apprised me i could get insurance claim. I felt that the amount quoted is very high and they said that they will remove the dent and repaint the doors completely as it would look odd it only that portion is touched up... ( Check the discussions that happened on face book when the server was done:"http://www.facebook.com/TeamFiat/posts/277270905633139")
    I discussed with one of my friend who had done dent removal and repainting on his silver d'zire... He suggested a private workshop on Lower tankbund, Hyderabad... Took the vehicle to him..that guy looked at the dent.. he said that the dent is very shallow and can be fixed very easily... but repainting has to be done for the doors (front & rear), body below the rear quarter glass...As i already had few scratches on my Front and Rear bumper.. he said he could do a repaint on them as well.. He said all this would cost me Rs.3000/-. I was still not sure whether he can do it.. Whether he has worked on this color before? From where he will get the paint.. As it is not available off the shelf?... Hearing my questions?.. He said sir don't worry!? We are in this job and will do a perfect job! Still i persisted with my question about the paint..... He apprised me that they don't buy off the shelf paints.. but prepare it.. i asked him how they prepare it.. he apprised me that he would take my fuel lid to the paint shop, analyze it (not the exact word he used.. through computer matching was that he said) and prepare it... I still was not convinced... But my friend gave assurance that they really do a perfect job in matching the paint. The shop owner even showed us an orange color swift being painted...
    I took a calculated risk...(As almost 5 parts are anyway getting repainted... the worst case, if the paint don't match..i thought i would get my RHS front and rear doors also repainted to make it look uniform).. I bargained for Rs.2000/-.. He said since it is metallic paint he can't reduce but he offered for a complete polish of the vehicle (which in any case he has to do.. in any case due to painting) Teflon coat and complete cleaning of interiors with polishing... I felt that to be reasonable gave my car to him @ 1:30pm on Tuesday.. went to paradise for lunch and Ranigunj for some official work... went back to the workshop... They had removed the dent, removed paint at various locations in patches, applied putty and primer and was wet polishing the door to make it ready for painting... Once this job i done.. covered the rest of the parts which are not to be painted using tape and newspaper...Started painting around 7:15pm... The first coat was given on the patched areas... it was looking the paint was looking darker .. my heart skipped a beat... Then came the second.. the second coated covered all the areas.. the color was better.. then third coat... finally two clear coats were given... after 10 mins... the tape and paper were peeled off... I went for a closer look (under tube-light) the paints looked similar... Still i was keeping my finger crossed... I wanted to check the paint under sunlight so that u can really see the difference on the color, luster, texture etc... The owner asked us to take the vehicle and come after two days for the remaining job... With still my finger crossed i drove her to my home.. parked her in the shed...By the time i reached home it was 9:00pm.. Next day dawn as soon as the light was sufficient i took her out and parked in sunlight... couldn't see any difference in color, texture and luster (though it was shining a little more that other areas which were covered with dust)... I really could not see any difference... Took her to my office.. around noon.. parked her again under sunlight.. will all my colleagues and friends started observing here all around.. (Should have looked at that sight :D.. It was like getting approval from some quality standard !!).. Finally... the verdict came.. the guy had done a good job.. no difference was observed....
    I was satisfied and relieved :).
    Got to take her tomorrow for final polishing and Teflon....
    Shall post that as well once i come back...till then.. drive safe guys

Bala
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Hi,

Would be great if you post the exact address at Lower tankbund. I/We do not have any need as of now but would be good to have it documented. :)
  3. dont do teflon. Its worthless. Itsa way of making money and nothing else
  4. Yeah.. i do agree on teflon... I did it on my pulsar it was of no use... but any way since i had already paid for.. i shall get it done....

Regarding the address... The shop name is " MP care Care"... its on Road No.8 Lower tank bund...
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Get a refund buddy.

The so called "Teflon coating" isn't worth even when free.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  6. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @ibsr : at times you will find the roadside experts doing a better job than your so called authorized service centers...on top of that they charge you less then half the money.....for Small denting and painting jobs and also for Wheel alignments and other odd jobs that require only manual work i recommend we people should stop going to ASS as they are money making machines for the dealers ...nothing else...on top of that they have a nexus with Insurance people...they rob you both ways....you pay at the time of the claim and then they don't give you your no claim bonus .....it ultimately goes out of your own pocket.......
  7. Took the vehicle yesterday... got the rubbing, polishing and teflon done for the entire vehicle.... She is back to her prime...slept peacefully....
    Regarding (1) the insurance claim... if do feel that same way as viveksonkhla ( Atleast in this instance). Once you say you would like to claim insurance, the charges go way up the roof.. eventually you end up paying the same amount from your pocket if you hadn't gone for it with he additional cost of making your non claim bonus void... (2) Regarding private garage... The matter is identifying a good quality workshop which is reliable... Unfortunately, the information on these workshops/garages can be identified only orally through your contacts or sources....
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    good you are satisfied with the job. and now treat us with the "teflon coated" shine of the tuscan wine. that rhymes well.
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Ibsr ...Did you remember the shop name ..One of my friend is looking for reliable Dent / Paint garrage out of A.S.S .
    Please ping me Contact no or so ....if u have it.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  10. Sree3070

Sree3070 Amatore

Chennai
    can any one suggest me a good paint shop in chennai.. i also got a deep dent in back whell arch. mine is tuskan wine. TASS quoted me 9000.

and ibsr please update before and after pics.

sreejith
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012