1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tuscan Wine Diesel Dynamic

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MyPunto, Aug 31, 2012.

1. MyPunto

Hi All,

I have been researching various cars and forum for deciding the best car to upgrade from Maruti 800 that served us for around 7 years. The first decision was Petrol or diesel. Our weekly driving is less but we intend to do some occasional long drive and so decided to give a thought to Diesel. We test drive few petrol cars as well when we were not clear. Our budget was around 6.5-7

Contenders for Petrol :
    1. Ford classic Petrol
    2. i20 sportz
    Did not consider Maruti since they were asking for additional amount and no great features as such...

Loved both the cars and almost finalized Ford Classic and then we decided to go for diesel. Ford classic went out of reach and in i20 the basic version was available. The hunt started again

1. Figo diesel
    2. polo
    3. Punto

Figo was rejected just like that, did not feel the punch or inner desire to drive that. Polo was ok but the rear space was disappointing. And the middle variant was out of budget. We did not want to buy a basic featureless variant and then keep on adding.
    Punto fulfilled the gap. Dynamic was available at a good discount and is a feature packed vehicle like i20 sportz. This was booked after 2 test drive as the driving is bit different from other cars so was bit doubtful. The delivery is expected on 20 september in Ganesh puja. Few likes and dislikes :

1. Solid build and smart looks
    2. Features and mileage
    3. Excellent ownership reviews

1. Not comfortable in driving seat but I guess its a matter of time. Benefit of doubt given to Punto
    2. Low road presence (In Indore atleast). I have to explain sometimes to people about presence of this vehicle and give answers to questions like Why Punto, Why not swift and i20.

Will post feedback once I get the delivery of this vehicle.

2. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Congratulations for your new car. You have actually chosen one of the best cars available in the market.

What you'll surely like in the Punto :

Absolutely stunning design. Easily the most stylish hatchback on our roads today.
    Build like a tank or "Tijori on wheels" as some people say.
    Fuel efficient diesel engine. You need to learn a few things about driving the diesel to enjoy driving the car, since you are migrating from a petrol car.
    Extremely outstanding high speed dynamics. Punto has set a new benchmark in the hatchback segment.
    Superb ride quality. It tackles bad roads and potholes like no other car in the segment.
    Perfectly calibrated hydraulic power steering. Keeps you always connected to the road.
    Last but not the least the 5 star safety rating.

Well I did'nt see anything that I dislike in the Punto except maybe the rear seat legspace.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    First of all CONGRATS for your selection buddy! You have made the right choice. Don have any doubt regarding it. Well regarding driving seat, I am little surprised that you feel uncomfortable. Trust me, Punto front seats are one of the best in class. Personally I feel it just hugs its occupants. Now, my Punto front seats have pampered me. Recently when I went for a drive in my friend's Fiesta Classic, was feeling as if am sitting on baby seat! Front seats appeared so small! :D
  4. MyPunto

They sure are the best and the reason why i was uncomfortable might be because the outside view was a bit less than I am used to. It is bit different from other cars that I have driven till date. Might need few days to get used to it.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Rear leg is a bit less but i found this issue in all cars in similar segment. Swift was also a let down.
    I am surprised to see people mad after Swift. The dealer said it was available on premium. This mean we should pay black money for buying a car too :)

I have some experience in driving diesel vehicle as I occasionally drive fathers Indica when I go back home. So adjusting should not be much of an issue.
  5. MyPunto

I read somewhere that we have a PDI checklist or something like that. Can anyone share the link or provide with details what I need to check in the car before confirming at dealership.
  6. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Yes we do have a check list. If you click on the home tab link, its right there.. on the left; a banner to the PDI check list thread!!

Congratulations on buying your new vehicle. :)
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Congrats sir on diesel rocket keep rocking and pics please :)
  8. Congrats on buying a Punto,hope you have a very pleasant experince to share with us along with loads of pic of your beauty..
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    MyPunto, congrats for new car. Drive safely and share your experiance with pics.

Tuscan Wine & other dark colour are really need caution to maintain. Maintain your car properly, she will give you happy smile always when you will ride everyday.
  10. MyPunto

Thanks everyone. I will be getting My Punto on 20th of this month. Due to parents insistence we decided to take delivery during Ganesh festival hence the long wait period of about a month.