1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tuscan wine Compaint mess up

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sanfiat, Jul 18, 2014.

1. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have a tuscan wine punto- My bad luck i guess :sad1. I hace few scartches around the car, hairline kind but few though very thin but deep enough not to be resolved by rubbing and polishing. The bumper had some nasty ones. So i thought of trying com paint on the bumper. I felt bumper is o.k to experiment with even if things didn't turn out the way i wanted. And boy was i right. Hell Yeah.
    I got hold of a tuscan wine com-paint. Did all the cleaning and sanding and then fuinally came down to the spraying part. With newspaper and all in place i shook the can vigotoruly , sprayed a few bursts in air and then sprayed towards the scratch . My eye balls popped when blood red paint was sprayed from the so called Tuscan wine can. Blood red inagine. Liek bloody "sindhoor" or "Kumkum" as youy call it. I felt like a damn idiot. I thought it might need another burst after some time. So i waited and dis a spray after 3-4 minutes. Nothing . The "Sindhoor" only got dense but either Tuscan nor wine. I rubbed and polished after two days, but it doesnt do much. Its an eye sore. Maybe that compaint was not genuine or whatever else, but i ain't trying that again. Atleast not with atuscan wine. Taken for a ride. If anyone has had a better experienc ewith T.W compaint do share. Anyway bumper so i dont mind but it was bad. I could have used body filler in such case i know, but still teh shade is way off.

1. Incase we need to go to a proper paint shop and get the desired paint , How do we get the Color Code of tuscan wine. most of them wont understand what is this tuscan wine. Neither red nor brown. They usually match it on a computer and the shade before passing to the customer. Anyone knows the color code of TW

2. If we manage a sprayer of our own, is it wise to get this paint from a paint shop and do it ourselves. Because these denter -painters never agree to do a partial job . you got to get the whole area painted. never less tahn 3-4 k or something.

3. Any idea on approximate volume of color required to do a sq.ft area.

snap.jpg.jpg
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh this is bad.. You better go to a paint shop and get the whole area painted. it is always wise to spray in wall or new paper to check the color.

Or

By one more can and re-try the process.
  3. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi pdash,
    thanks for your suggestion .
    sorry i couldnt reply earlier.
    Ya i would better try getting it done from a proffessional outside. But these bumpers are so frequently getting razed around that i dont know if i should be worrying them anymore. But the scratches look to hurt so much. So i wanted a paint can handy. But sadly it didnt work.
    Im contemplating to order from teh com paint site directly but am just not sure if it would be any different. Ummmm still in two minds. ( but i know i will retry compaint atleast once more ...just for the heck of it )
    Will post up if the new job works out fine.

Cheers
  4. MANISH JUSTIN

MANISH JUSTIN Timido

GURGAON
    I know that is the problem with the Tuscan Wine. My car was standing beside the road when one vehicle came and hit it causing a very ugly scratch on it. It looks very bad. If I take it to the Service Station it will cost me 3.5-5k but I feel doing it from them is better than doing it ourselves. But again, how long we will repeat the same process. Driving in Delhi is very bad. For no fault of yours you will end up getting your car damaged...
  5. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    I just recieved car paint kit from Com-Paint for Foxtrot Azure shade of my T-Jet. Thanks for sharing your experience as now I will be more cautious before applying paint on Bonnet and match it on some hidden area.
  6. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @rachit.

DIY on bonnet with compaint wud require great attention and accuracy. U sure the scratches cant b sorted with rubbing and polishing.??. U cud wash the area clean and try rubbing a gud compound andcfollow up with a gud wax rub. If done with buffer machine, results wud be much better. U cud also try using clay bar in the start of process, i.e after washing the bonnet. Clay it before compound rub and polish....might help u out without gambling on the spray. U cud try scratch out from formula1 too.......all d best