1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tuscan Beauty - Emotion Pk - Delivered

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by mayurbhatia, Jun 7, 2011.

1. 12 kmpl is a bit low.
    but then let the engine free up a little.
    lets hope for the best
  2. Congratulations Mayur !!!

Based on my experience, I would say that it is too early to talk about mileage. My car (Linea, MJD) returned 19 kmpl on my trip to Mumbai (2 days later delivery) however in city it was ~12.5. Reset the trip meter and start new. Look at the mileage when it is done considerable running (100-200 Km). It takes some time to adjust. Mine is now showing 14 kmpl after driving for ~200 Km. You may have to change the driving style to get better mileage figures. I read on Fiat eco-drive site which talked about using Inst. mileage meter for judgement. I was observing it for some time and it gives you some idea about how much do you need to push the accel. for getting good mileage. Higher gears will always give you better mileage which is difficult in city drive. I remember it showing as high as 50 Kmpl on 5th gear :). Make sure your primary focus is on the road while looking at inst. mileage ;). Enjoy!!!
  3. sly.cooper
    its not 50kmpl in 5th gear.
    if you remove your foot from the accelerator in any gear, the same thing will be shown.50kmpl Instantaneous consumption.
    putting the car in the rpm where the turbo just started or is in normal running(not revvving hard) will give good mileage
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Instantaneous consumption shows mileage ranging from 2/4kmpl to 50kmpl. If you remove foot from acceletor paddle then MID will display 50kmpl.

@ All is it ok if we put the car in neutral on open road in city to get optimum mileage. I was using this method in my 1.2 Punto & I was successful. I was getting 14-15 kmpl mileage in city.
  5. Thanks for the info srikaratluri. True when the car is moving (5th gear per my experience) and you don't push accel. it shows 50 Kmpl. I have not tried that on any other gear and will check it out. Frequent looking at Inst. mileage and changing the driving style takes away the driving pleasure :p.
  6. mayurbhatia

mayurbhatia

Pune
    Thanks for the replies guys. The average has notched up to 13.5 and slowly improving. The insurance process has started and I would keep my car in the TASC in this week and hopefully get it in 4-5 days then. Got it checked at Pandit Sahakar Nagar, Pune and they estimated a max of 10K expense (unless something inside is damaged which they dont believe is the case). They have the parts available so I wouldnt need to wait on that. Sigh!

Ok, once I get it back, its upgrade time. Seat Covers, Sunfilm and JBL speakers is top of the list for me. I enquired about these in a nearby car decor shop and below are the details.

1) Seat Covers - Autoform (Leather + PU) Snug Fit = 5.5K. 1 year guarantee and scope of discount (500/1000 rs.)
    2) Sunfilm - Johnson (Non-charcoal) = 2.5K, Johnson (Charcoal) = 3.5K. Both with 40% solar energy rejection and 5 year warranty. The guy did not have 3M, so other options are Llumar (1600), Garware (800).
    3) JBL Speakers (300W) = 4990 + 15% discount.

So overall, I should be able to get all these done in around 11 to 12K. So guys, please let me know your valuable views and suggestions on these (especially about the quality of autoform and Johnson products). Thanks!
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    autoform for 5.5 is really a good deal. someone in our forum has installed it for 8k. i got orchis seat covers for 7.5 but yet to install them,.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Mayur which accessory shop? In which Area?
  9. mayurbhatia

mayurbhatia

Pune
    Sahil Car Spa, Pimple Saudagar