1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tuscan Beauty - Emotion Pk - Delivered

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by mayurbhatia, Jun 7, 2011.

1. maverick

maverick Amatore

First of all congratulations on your new car and hope to see your car restored to its original glory soon. Please find my reply to your queries inline.

2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    For no 4: This is happening because you keep the engine running while refuelling. Stop the engine and start again and the needle will update immediately.
  3. mayurbhatia

mayurbhatia

Pune
    Thanks everyone for the comments, suggestions and motivation till now. The car is running like a dream - its just awesome. No issues till now - touchwood! Now coming back to the damage, I got the valuation done today at Pandit Auto, Pimpri Workshop - below are the details.

1) Headlamp set - Rs. 3000
    2) Bumper (if required to change) - Rs. 2200
    3) Body Paint (Bonnet + Bumper) + Bonnet alignment + Labour = Rs. 9000
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total = Rs. 14500

Firstly, I dont think that replacing the bumper is required. Secondly, Isnt 9K too much for 3)? I got the same evaluated by a local mechanic and he asked me to claim insurance and said that overall cost of repair would not be more than 7K in which I would even get the bonnet replaced.

Coming to claiming insurance, none of the parts are available at the moment and the service guy was not sure when they would be available. Once the parts come, it would take 4-5 days for repairs. Out of the 14.5K, I would still need to pay around 3.5K for Headlamp (50%), Bumper (50%), Bolts, Nuts, Screws, etc. So I am confused at the moment and not sure of the next step I should take.

Please help me understand if the valuation sounds correct and if it does, should I be paying the amount asked. Added to that, I am not sure how long the wait for the parts is going to be :(

Thanks in advance for all the help.
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If the expense is Rs.14,500/-, you will not only pay Rs.3,500/- for the plastic parts but also lose on the NCB & also your next insurance premium increases. Hence please check & decide regarding your actual expense & whether you should claim insurance.

Kiran
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    You have bought insurance not to earn no-claim bonus.
    Use insurance for what it was bought. The valuation is fine IMO. Claim insurance.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    ^^^^ Very true FastLove! The most important point which most people forget.

Mayur - Please claim insurance for the damage and get your beauty back in top shape.
  7. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    These guys do charge a bit too much and also the insurance executive plus the body shop guys getting commissions on this...The higher the bill the better for them
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    For a brand new car & with Rs. 14,500 expense, it's no brainer that you should claim insurance. Its just beginning of the yearly insurance policy & you should not worry about NCB. As FastLove said policy is meant for claim when required. Use it. To keep your car brand new.
    And while you would be claiming the insurance, why to go to a local mechanic to save on cost. Get the same done thro' TASC only.
  9. mayurbhatia

mayurbhatia

Pune
    Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. I wasnt looking to save the NCB - I was just wondering if the valuation was correct. Hence just cross checked from the local mechanic - even he suggested to claim insurance and that is exactly what I'll do.

I am sure the TASC would get my beauty back to its original glory - the only problem is availability of parts which they arent sure about at the moment. I would anyways fill up the claim form to start the process.

Thanks again - would be back with some updates soon!

P.S. - With AC within city (pathetic stop/start traffic), my beauty is giving me an avg. of 12kmpl. Going thru various threads here, I believe this is good to start with and it would only improve with time and service :) And the glares and drools still continue - and I love to see the reactions. Punto Rocks!!!!
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think 12kmpl for Diesel car is too low. Get it checked also as your car is in Service Center/Body Shop.

Waiting for updated pics of your TW Beauty.