1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tuscan Beauty - Emotion Pk - Delivered

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by mayurbhatia, Jun 7, 2011.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Good to see you liking it. There are many more such "Gems" in our forum :). When you've little time, do explore the forum & I'm sure you would not get disappointed. Guaranteed.
  2. mayurbhatia

mayurbhatia

Pune
    D-Day arrives - a mixture of super excitement, emotions, happiness and a bit of sadness at the end of it :(

Finished all the documentation and other formalities yesterday and confirmed delivery today at 12 noon. The whole family reached the showroom and couldnt stop looking at my beauty shining amongst other cars. Everyone was simply drooling over my Punto including the ones who were there to get their Manzas ... lol...

We performed the Puja and took a nice family snap and were ready to take our treasure home. I placed myself comfortably on the wheel and boom we went. Awesome experience to drive your first car home.

Reached home and took everyone for a round and they all loved it. The car overall responded superbly to potholes, rains, stop-start traffic, etc. DK Bose on the media player and top gear on an open road (got it for a stretch of around 1 km) was just terrific.

With all this the day was about to come to an end and I drove my beauty for around 60 kms including taking it home. Right, now comes the sad part and I am writing this with a big hole in my heart.

I was parking my car in my parking area (which is way too small and conjusted), parked it 90% safely and was about to make the 10% without issues when something went wrong (in my mind - a miscalculation) and I lost control off the clutch and the car jumped and bumped into the wall in the parking area - head on :(

With my heart in my mouth and almost tears rolling down my eyes, I went to take a look - I was sure it was a big big impact and a lot of damage. To my surprise, what I saw was a crack in the headlight cover and a misaligned bonnet (with a smallllll dent on the right side) and some scratches below the number plate. I was sad, very sad - the most important day in my life was super good until this happened and now I am heart broken. I lost my confidence in driving and was really sad - but my family pumped me up and made me take them for another drive which I did and now am back to normal.

Please suggest if this damage is minimal and can be fixed under warranty. Your views would help me get my confidence back and give me some relief.

Here are the pics of my beauty (havent had the heart of taking a pic of the damage).

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3766.jpg

IMG_3787.jpg
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hey mayur Congrats and relax dude Mistakes are bond to happen, Thank god it was just a wall, Next time am sure you will be cautious.
    drive safe and have fun,,,,
  4. mayurbhatia

mayurbhatia

Pune
    Attached are the pics of the damage. Please tell me how serious is this :(

On a positive note, drove the car to office (around 15 kms) and the ride was just AMAZING! Punto sure rocks and I am really happy with my choice - it sure is a gem of a car.
  5. mayurbhatia

mayurbhatia

Pune
    Pics attached now... Heartbreaking!

IMG00062-20110704-1118.jpg

IMG00064-20110704-1120.jpg
  6. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Mayur, congrats on your stunning Tuscan Wine Punto. Warranty or no Warranty, please take your new punto to TASS & make amends, even if it meant a small dent in your pocket. Watching the scratch every morning will make your mood more miserable.

Wishing you happy mile crunching with your beauty. :)
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay Mayur good to see pics of your car. Congratulations for New Punto...Keep Puntoing. :)

For the dent on the Bonnet, I will suggest you go to the Body Shop though they will cost little high but the finishing will be good.
    For Headlight scratch I dont think there will be another than changing the Headlight. Correct me if I am wrong.
  8. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE CAR.
    THE DAMAGE SEEMS TO BE SMALL!!!CHEER UP!!
    the hadlamp cluster needs to be changed. a good rubbing will remove the scratches i feel. also talk to the guys at TASS
    and tell them to do the denting from inside, so that the paint would be intact on the outside.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mayur bhai its nothing dude, a small dent and a polishing required to make it perfect and you yourself would not make out the dent, but do it ASAP, As said by rajesh you dont need to spoil your mood by having a look at the small dent.....
    happy Puntoing
  10. mayurbhatia

mayurbhatia

Pune
    Thanks a lot everyone for the confidence boost :) I sure will take care of the beauty and make amends soon so that its back to its full glory!

110 kms on the odometer and I am simply loving every bit of the car. So here are a few things that I have noticed till now.

Things I like -

1) Blue n Me is simply amazing - convenient and good.
    2) The steering of the car is what takes the crown - its just superb, I feel so sure about my drive with the feel of the steering, the handling is excellent and a big help in the pathetic stop-start traffic in Pune.
    3) Gear shift is smooth and easy.
    4) The steering controls make life simple and allow me to enjoy music without disturbing my driving.
    5) The odometer is a school full of information :) Everything that I see is of use and helps me so much.
    6) The seats are comfortable, especially the driver seat - Punto sure is a driver's car.
    7) The ride is smooth and awesome - potholes? What?
    8) Strength of the car - with the way I banged the car, I was sure it caused a big damage but to my surprise, its just a minor damage - Bravo!

Things I did not like -

1) Need to reach out to put in the USB.
    2) Couldnt find AUX anywhere so I am guessing it doesnt have one - will probably get one done soon.
    3) Rear visibility is a slight issue but its still better than a few cars I have driven.
    4) The fuel meter doesnt show up for a while after I fuel it up.
    5) Is there a way I could see how much diesel is left in the tank (in numbers)? That's something I couldnt find.
    6) The automatic AC is something I havent got used to - but it takes a while to cool inside - probably, not using it right.

Overall, the Punto is sure a dream come true. My colleagues and people on the road just drool seeing my Tuscan Beauty shine. So looking forward to take it on the highway now - will come back with more updates as soon as I take one.