1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tuscan Beauty - Emotion Pk - Delivered

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by mayurbhatia, Jun 7, 2011.

1. maverick

maverick Amatore

You only need to book your car by paying Rs10000 as advance, once the car reaches the dealer you can go do the PDI and then pay the rest of the amount if you are satisfied. Even if you pay the full amount in advance you can cancel it any time before the vehicle is registered.

Please raise a complaint at Fiat's website (http://fiat-india.com/complaint-form.aspx), they should resolve the issue for you.
  2. mayurbhatia

After a whole lot of discussion and a chat with kedar, I agreed to pay the full amount to Pandit Auto. That's their policy and everyone follows it and so I trusted them too. And they lived upto their promise - as ensured, I got a call today morning to come for the PDI.

Date - 25/06/2011
    Time - 13:45
    Place - Pandit Auto, Chikhli Yard, PCMC

The first sight of my first car was a moment to cherish. Amongst 5000 other cars, in one corner lied my tuscan beauty shining in broad daylight and from a distance of 100m, it was looking at me and seemed as happy to meet me as I was to meet her :)

With each step closer to it, my heart skipped so many beats. And then, to add to the romance, it started raining. Woah... I and my friend got into the car straight away and were just speechless and admiring the beauty within our hearts/minds.

Then, out came the TFI PDI checklist and we started the PDI. We checked everything as per the checklist and were more than happy with almost everything. Checked the VIN and confirmed car was April 2011 make.

The interiors were super cool and my friend was so delighted to see the variety of features that the car had to offer. The odometer read 116 km (16 more than acceptable 100) but was not too big a deal. I reset the "H" as per the PDI checklist. Checked the AC and the ICE, worked like a charm. All the seats, doors, glasses, windows, etc were working as expected. Overall, I was really happy with the PDI except that the car was dirty from the outside and wasnt yet washed (I was told that it would be washed tomorrow before it goes to the RTO). I just did not want to go home without my beauty - sigh, if only I could take it home right away :)

Here are some pics I clicked from my cellphone - the picture quality isnt that great though. Will click some more pics on delivery (3rd July).

IMG00044-20110625-1445.jpg IMG00045-20110625-1445.jpg IMG00043-20110625-1445.jpg IMG00039-20110625-1355.jpg
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mayur, congrats. :)
    I believe that one of the most emotional posts are those of PDI walkthrough and there are very few posts I have come across where one can make you feel what you must be feeling after seeing the car for the first time. Wonderful narration buddy.

Regarding the car having 116km on odo, it's normal for Pune as the cars are driven from the factory to the Pandit Auto stockyard.

One advise though, if possible, remove those plastic stickers from the dashboard at the time of delivery or before carefully. Ideally they should be removed before cleaning for delivery as they apply dashboard polish but leave the area covered with plastic. Thus you find it odd when you remove the plastic after 2-3 weeks. I had got dashboard polish applied at these left out areas 1 week later later because of this reason.

Be gentle while removing the plastic covers from dashboard. I have been finding it scary ever since TFI member Fiatfan posted pics of his dashboard paint coming off with the covers (it's a never heard before, one off case).
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Looking forward to the d-day. TW on the Punto is a refreshing change.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Mayur for the TW Grande,
    Check the vehicle twice before taking the delivery, and wish you a Miles and miles of Happy Puntoing........
  6. Congratulations Mayur!!! I got my Linea from Pandit (Tilak Road) on 16th - MJD, Tuscan wine color. It is true that Pandit auto doesnt provide more discount. The bad part is, Pandit is the only dealer in Pune so you cannot even get offer from other dealers and then bargain. 116 Km is fine. Mine was 126 Km when I took the delivery. The SA mentioned that they drive it all the way from plant (Kedar confirmed the same). Even my car was very dirty when I did PDI. It was cleaned, nice & shine on the D day. They don't even put ribbon on the new car (shame) like other car dealers. They will not also let you do test drive during PDI as the car is not registered. I know counting days or waiting gets hard when you see your car during PDI ;-). All The Best!!
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Congrats Mayur

waiting for Delivery is like waiting for Marriage after engagement !!

In the meanwhile, little peek into this thread (Fiat Linea/ Punto - Did You Know series) & other such threads on the forum would help you in ownership experience.
  8. mayurbhatia

Thanks all.... This sure is the longest wait for anything in my life :) But I'm sure it would turn out really fruitful...

Paddleshifter - Thanks for enlightening me about the plastics - I would definitely take care.

VP - The "Did You Know" series is awesome - never knew it was there...Wow, makes my life so much easier when I'll get the car... Thanks :)
  9. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

The car looks fantabulous... congrats again for your beauty....
    Awaiting an ownership report soon...
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Mayur you Punto looks fantastic.

Waiting for your ownership review as well as some more photos of your Shining beauty Punto....