1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tuscan Beauty - Emotion Pk - Delivered

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by mayurbhatia, Jun 7, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes this is normail process. You can go ahead. Even I made full payment for My Punto at Pandit Auto.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You don't need to pay the full amount upfront just to do PDI.

Once you've paid the booking amount, you should have the VIN in your pocket plus do the PDI as well,

Gurjinder.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Each dealer is making their own rules to keep them on the safer side. If we insist , they may deviate slightly from their rules. Always remind them that there are other dealers as well and tell them that this practice is not followed in any other showrooms. Tell them that you will take a confirmation from FIAT regarding this.
  4. mayurbhatia

mayurbhatia

Pune
    hmmmm.... But they said that the car would reach the yard only on invoicing - which means I need to pay the full amount.... And Kedar confirmed that its normal process atleast for Pandit.... Let me try and talk to them once more about it....

Cinju,

There are no other dealers in Pune - thats probably the reason Pandit is stubborn about paying the full amount before hand.
  5. you can get your car from mumbai as well. giving your address from pune and the car can be registered in pune. see if you can bend the dealer. or go ahead as kedar bhai also confirmed this
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That explains the monopolistic attitude of Pandit Auto.:irked

Gurjinder.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Mayur I have one more option here. You can buy Punto from Nagar which is very close from Pune. The price differece is also there you will get Punto 20-25k cheaper than Pune in Nagar. You check out.

You can buy car from Nagar with temporary registration & then register your car in PUNE. May you will get 90HP Punto in your budget

There is difference in exshowroom price of the car you can call them ask for the price Emotion Pack

Pune to Nagar 120km. Time 2hrs. Road : 4 Lane Highway.

FIAT Dealer:-

Hundekari Motors (P) Ltd.
    Ahmednagar-Manmad Road
    Savedi
    Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
    Pincode :414 003
    Phone No : 0241 - 2428452 / 2421178 / 2429172 / 73
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  8. mayurbhatia

mayurbhatia

Pune
    Thanks Kedar for the details. However, I am not sure if I want to do it...anyways, since you confirmed its a normal process, I will check once - else do the PDI after payment!
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  9. mayurbhatia

mayurbhatia

Pune
    Checked that option as well. Loads of issues.

1) Transport charges - Rs. 5000
    2) RTO - Self - if dealer does it, they charge 5000 more as service tax
    3) Octroi - 2%

On Road price after all this - 1K more than what I am paying now :) I am happy with Pandit overall, they have been very responsive to all my queries, the lady (Archana) is a good sales person - I am sure she would be convinced for the PDI too :)
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Mayur, I do not believe in their theory. What about all those cars that are lying in their stockyard. Were all of them ordered after booking and getting the full payment?

Anyways, getting the car invoiced essentially means buying it. If you are not satisfied with the car, they will say that the car is already invoiced in your name. Billing for the purchase is also online so you need to be sure about PDI before getting it invoiced.

Why do they get a form signed then, that you have checked the car to your satisfaction before delivery if they insist on invoice before arrival of the vehicle?