1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tuscan Beauty - Emotion Pk - Delivered

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by mayurbhatia, Jun 7, 2011.

1. mayurbhatia

Date - 6th June
    Time - 5:30 PM IST
    Place - Pandit Auto, Tilak Road, Pune

Finally, after all the discussion within the family, we went to the showroom to book my beauty. While the variant (diesel) and model (Emotion Pk) were final, selecting the color was still a big debate - where the ladies preferred Tuscan wine, the gents wanted Exotica Red!

As soon as we stepped in the showroom, we saw a Tuscan Wine Punto in one corner looking at us and making us drool. Thats it, there were no more discussions and arguments, Tuscan wine it was - never knew it would be so easy in the end

We sat down with the sales person and started discussing the deal then. Tuscan Wine Em Pk Diesel On road price quoted to us was 7.31 L. Next question - Discounts? Straight away we were offered Insurance (18.5k) + Ext Warranty (5K) at 5.5K so that was a discount of around 18K. Corporate discount 9K (thanks to Mom working in SBI). Total discount 27K and our on road price was now at 7.04 for tuscan wine and 7.0 for non-premium colours.

Another heated argument with the sales person, her immediate boss and one more guy about offering us more discount since we were planning to pay in cash - we kept pressing for 7.01 L as final from our side + the accessories. After an hour of discussion, we were told that no accessories or cash discount would be offered. We insisted on speaking to the GM but he wasnt around. We were promised that the sales person would have a discussion with the GM first thing today morning and would give us a call.

10:30 am today morning and I got a call from the sales person that accessories (Mud flaps, Mats - no sun film) has been approved but the GM is not in a position to give any more cash discount. I still insisted on atleast the sun film but the sales person said its not possible and I can confirm this from anywhere. Checked with one of the Mumbai showrooms and was happy that the deal given by Pandit was indeed the best.

I test drove the car again with my family sitting on the rear seat and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. They were more than happy with my choice - sigh of relief!

So finally gave the booking amount of 51K and booked my beauty. On Road - 7.04 L, Discounts (27K + Accessories). Car would be ready by 26 when I need to make the final payment and I can do the PDI on 28th. I wanted the car to be delivered on 3rd July only (its an auspicious day as per my parents + its just next to my anniversary on 2nd july), so I was fine with the plan.

So thats about it, now each second/minute/hour looks like an year and I cant just wait to get my hands on the car
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Mayur congratulations for new car. Take care of her as TW color need some more attention while cleaning the car.

Make sure that while covering the car with car cover there is not dust on car orelse scratches will ruin your car. Use wax coated Jopasu car duster to clean you car. This will help you. You will get it at Bhandari Auto, JM Road, Pune for Rs. 450.

One more thing where are the photos.

Who was the Sales advisor for your deal.

Mods Note - Please don't post back-to-back posts. Use edit option and update previous post.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Congrats Mayur! Excellent choice of car and color.

4. drarvindc

Good Call Mayur,

If possible tell the guy not to go ahead with RTO formalities until you are satisfied with the PDI, once registered little can be done about issues you might find in the car.

Best of luck and keep us updated.

5. mayurbhatia

Thanks a lot everyone!

Kedar, thanks for the advice - I sure will take care of these things. I have just booked the car yesterday, it will be available by 25th - so photos will follow then :) My sales advisor was Archana.

Gurjinder, thanks - your replies have been helpful for me to decide on the car and convince my family :)

Dr. Arvind - thanks - I have already told the sales advisor about the same - so PDI would definitely be before the RTO formalities :)
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Congrats mate... good choice of car and color...
    Wishing you a million happy miles ahead.... :)
  7. vijay822002

Hi mayur,

Congrats on your Wise decision. Very good choice of color. I too own a Tuscan Beauty.

Warm Welcome to TFI family.

Please manage to do the Full PDI. Spend some quality time so that you will not repent in the Future.

8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the Car and its a good decision mate.

By the way I did read somewhere that the Punto and Linea are getting about 40K worth of discounts in total. Did you check for these. Reject all the accessories from the dealer and ask for equivalent cash discount. There are far better accessories outside for the similar price.

Enjoy the waiting period drooling the PUNTO!
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  9. mayurbhatia

Yeah, I heard about the 40K too but later saw the * attached to it. That's when you exchange a car - mine is a first car :)

They are not ready to give any cash discount (checked another branch of Pandit Auto + showroom in Mumbai). So at least I am getting mud flaps and mats - I dont plan to buy/ask for any more accessories as I have also heard about far better deals outside.
  10. mayurbhatia

Pandit Auto is asking me to make full payment because as per them the car would come to the yard only after invoicing. This means I would need to do the PDI after full payment - they say its normal process.

Can someone please confirm if this is fine or should I be holding back atleast some amount before I do the PDI?