1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turn indicator problem!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by anthrg, Nov 21, 2012.

1. anthrg

anthrg Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    my first niggle.....barely 2 week old car!! :-(

since the last 2 days the turn indicator is not snapping back after turn has been made..... there is also a creaking noise intermittently, haven't pinned it on anything yet... don't see a pattern.....

slightly disappointed.... my friend have been repeatedly asking for any niggles and here it is..... hmm....

:sadblue
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai

just take it to TASS and they will fix it for you in no time. Don't worry about these small niggles. This might happen in any car.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. anthrg

anthrg Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    yeah, taking her this Saturday..... now after i take a turn i immediately switch off the turn indicator thinking drivers behind me, seeing the indicator blinking, might misunderstand it as a feature missing in Punto! :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Check if you see ABS error on screen. It thats there than entire mount hold has gone bad, would need replacement. Alternate signs could be horn not working. There are few small springs in that which breaks down. Causing this kind of issues. The cost of replacement is around 10,000/-

Show it up to the service station. On the side note, on small turns the indicator switch doesnt get back normal position. Test it on making a U turn, if it fails then there is a problem for sure. Also test it for both directions.
    1 person likes this.
  5. anthrg

anthrg Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    Haven't seen the ABS error yet. Its a 2 week old car, so replacement should be free right? I hope so! :)

I tested the indicators very well, no getting back to normal.

Will update as soon as I take her to the service station. Thanks!
  6. True, i suggest the auto cancel switch assy replaced with a new one. Moreover the assy comes with the "clock spring" otherwise called the spiral cable which is part of the driver airbag system, standard with the new switch assy.
  7. anthrg

anthrg Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    can we demand like that? if it is a minor issue won't they just rectify that..... mine is Dynamic hence airbag system should be absent right.

Guess as it broke down so soon after delivery I can demand a new unit!
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Take some time out and visit any TASC, hope they fix this quickly. Its new car and Tata/Fiat never hesitate to replace any parts, if required.

Otherwise, you might get some suggestion that it will cost you lakhs :p (pun intended).
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Its a problem with the lever release and easy to fix.. visit TASS they will fix it
  10. anthrg

anthrg Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    rectified, probably took 3 or 4 minutes...they all were worried when a newly registered car, without even number plates, drove into the service station.... yup obviously free service. :)

thanks everyone for the support! :)
    2 people like this.