1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo replaced under Warranty

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by mnvvishwa, Oct 16, 2015.

1. mnvvishwa

mnvvishwa Novizio

I was facing turbo issue in my Punto from last March and after lots Service center visits, Follow ups, calls to Fiat customer care and few Emails to Fiat.
    Finally able to replace it under Warranty biggrin.gif

I copied the draft copy of Email sent to Fiat which includes the issue faced.

I am a Fiat Punto (December 2013) owner from Bangalore. It is a 1.3 MJD Emotion Variant still under warranty.

It is with great disappointment that I’m writing you this mail regarding an issue with my car that is still not resolved after more than 6 months.

I had faced a “Check Engine lamp” error in March this year. Every time the car crosses 2500 rpm in 4th and 5th gears, this lamp comes on with a warning beep. It doesn’t respond to any throttle inputs after that. After restarting the vehicle 3 to 4 times, the problem vanishes. Then it surfaces again when the RPM goes 2500

It is so sad to see that till today the service center in my city (Vecto motors) has not been able to detect the source of the problem let alone solving it.
    Since March, I have taken the vehicle to the service center every time the problem has surfaced (at least 4 times).
    Each time the vehicle was kept for a day or two and returned back to me saying that there was some software updated and the problem was solved! I was fed up this thing
    I have read in some online forums that some other people also have faced the same issues in other cities. I told this to the service center, and asked them to check and replace the turbo unit under warranty.

On September 22nd 2015, I left the car in the Vecto motors Service centre on Hosur road and told them that I’ll not take the vehicle back till it is completely solved. Since then, everyday I’ve been following it up with them and everyday they are saying vehicle will be ready by evening. Every day they also say that I will get a backup vehicle. I really do not know who is causing the delay, but in the end I’m suffering without a vehicle.

Till now, neither the problem is getting resolved nor am I getting a backup vehicle.
    I have also reached out to the Fiat Customer care and registered a complaint (1-156136xxxx) but even that has not got me any good news and faced same false promises also (Miss. Rxxxx)

The customer service I’m receiving is pathetic to say the least. I work in an automotive company too and a field complaint is treated with highest priority and made sure the problem is solved at the earliest. But I’m not seeing anything of that sort but only casual attitude from everyone whom I have contacted till now.
    In a last hope that I’ll get some response from you, I’m writing this mail. If I’m disappointed here too then it will force me to think of escalating this further.

A disappointed customer
  2. rakesh kushwaha

rakesh kushwaha Timido

Kothrud, Pune
    That's bad to hear once again about abysmal service from fiat and for more than six montgs you lived with pain. Great finally end was good. Happy motoring. Be gentle with cold turbo at start of drive and also before stopping the engine. You might be knowing this you get max out of turbo performance as well life.
    mnvvishwa likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Do also, include the response you got from FIAT if any be it emails/phones,etc. To cover up the entire story.
    Glad that you are back on the road! Have fun, stay safe.
    mnvvishwa likes this.
  4. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Glad to know you got the turbo replaced. Drive safe! :)
  5. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Sorry for your troubles and glad to know that they got it replaced. :)