1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo , oil pump and engine failure for linea 2010 aug model at 62k!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by mohdshea, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Ahmed Mubeen

Ahmed Mubeen Timido

chennai
    chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @ mohdshea nice to note that your vehicle is back and the night mare is past now. Happy motoring
  2. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    thank you mubeen. god knows if the nightmare is over or not
  3. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    hello friends,
    sorry for not updating for a while, specially @asimpleson
    i was in a state of depression, sorry.
    my updation here does not fully mean my bitter experiences are over but thought my ordeal might help other users who face the same isssue as mine. and also you asimpleson.
    the car was performing as normal after the engine and turbo overhaul.
    i was waiting for the first oil change. as advised by SA i could not resist till the 2000kms, did oil change at around 1500kms as i was so eager to take the rpm above the 2k mark. meanwhile i was experiencing some humming noise from under the bonnet. they told me the belt auto tensioner is giving up and needs replacement. that time they were not having the spare and asked me to come back after a few days.
    engine oil and filter were changed eventually, and starts my horror!!!!
    i took the car for a spirited drive but was broken hearted to realise that the car is having severe pick up drop. it was so severe that i could not overtake or climb a steep peacefully.feels like i was toeing something so heavy.
    initially used to get rid of the problem on restarting but later kept on persisting.
    but as many others the problem was inconsistent and could not replicate at the SC.
    last week i was on my way to work and suddenly the problem aroused, i didn't wait for a second thought, informed the clinic that i will be late and straight away drove to the SC. i did not switch off the car and insisted one of the SA to take a test drive.
    they clearly had a picture on how grave was the situation. without switching off the car connected the OBD diagnostics and the surprising result was that everything was absolutely alright. no pressure loss, compression normal, no error codes nothing.
    they informed the matter to fiat and as advised by them the EGR solenoid was replaced.
    the most interesting part of my story starts here..
    in two days time problem again crept up and again i informed it to the SC. i was of the impression that the egr valve solenoid was replaced under some goodwill or something as i was not charged that time.
    but actually my car was an guinea pig for their tests only at an expense which later i have to pay.
    yesterday i went to the SC and this time they took the new egr solenoid back refitted the old one (i am not sure) and now they replaced the pressure boost sensor!!
    they showed me the old one, Bosch made in Germany stuff,
    anyway they are experimenting at my expense now. i will have to pay for the replacement once they finalize on what exactly is causing the problem. as the engine and turbo is new they cannot blame that. if my car was under extended warranty also i don't think they can do this, as the insurance company wont agree unless they confirm the problem.
    anyway the car is fine now. hope it lasts for some time.
    and this time in my bill the recommendation column is not empty for the first time, and its so interesting, i will upload that part and my dear friends have a good look. there is stuff to laugh and think in that
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 11, 2015 ---
    New Doc 1_1.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @mohdshea please email your concerns to Fiat (Mangesh Kodalkar), you can even mark this thread for reference. Have you attached EGR related bill here (I mean were you billed for labour? It was a bit confusing..).

Can you attach pics of older parts like the belt stretcher for reference. How come these things were not noticed/done during engine replacement?
    mohdshea likes this.
  5. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    the replaced belt stretcher is in the boot of the car. will post the pic tomorrow.
    this is the only bill. the proof of poor pick up, the replacement of parts and the experiment is the recommendation in the bill.please go through the above bill. as said from the SC i will have to pay once the problem settles down. that is why i am on trial run. since the diagnostics show no error they are very much confused. today evening i got a call from SA inquiring how the car is performing, first time having such a call.
    not even after the overhaul. that time i asked him what is the price of the sensor and solenoid. he told me he is not sure and will let me know.
    i made it clear that i am not willing to pay the price of their experiment.
    i have lost faith in mangesh too. last time i wrote to him, the reply was very prompt telling me sumesh, their kerala head will be contacting me soon. he contacted through mail telling me nothing more to expect from their side as the car is outside warranty and they are not legally liable. with a note highlighted threatening me if i write something over social media defaming fiat or the dealer they will take legal action against me!!!
  6. Unni

Unni Timido

Kerala
    Alappuzha
    Linea 1.3
    @mohdshea .. I am from aleppy ..you got a company brother .. same issue .. broken timing chain and metal particles ruined the engine .. now half engine is replaced , its 1 month now .. i am gonna take delivery today from hyson ernakulam.. finale bill is 1.27 L + 17 ( front L/R suspension change , front L/R disc change , brake pads , wiper blades etc )

I didn't get any discount on parts :( .. will post the bill soon :(
    mohdshea likes this.
  7. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @Unni sorry to hear that. Hope your car is in good condition after this. Please elaborate on your issue and upload the bill and estimate. I think u should probably ask for some discount. How come the bill is 1.27 when mine is 90k including the turbo. If possible can u upload the estimate u got from hyson. Anyway keep posted. Good luck brother.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Unni you have a 1.4 petrol?, which year and kms run before the engine work? Like @modhshea said the bill is on a higher side. Please post the major expenses apart from the suspension and brake work.
  9. Unni

Unni Timido

Kerala
    Alappuzha
    Linea 1.3
    @mohdshea
    @asimpleson
    2009 Fiat Linea Emotion 1.3 Diesel ( Black Beauty <3 )
    53 K kms

I was not driving when this happened.. heard a loud cracking sound inside the engine and followed by a beep sound and a message on the MID saying engine oil pressure low .. contacted Hyson fiat by phone and they sent a carrier lorry to the spot . Even they charged me 10000 RS :(
    Anyway the engine is smooth and silent now, I didn't feel any power loss .. gonna use her for 3 more yrs or 100k kms .. The service engineer advised me to avoid harsh driving and a speed limit of 75-80 kmph till 2000 to 5000 kms .. I got a free exterior treatment + interior polish + 2000 discount on labor charge , they said they cant give discount on parts since it is online billing.. but still i forgot the bill after seeing her :) .. and i got a test drive on new Fiat Avventura and 2015 punto .. and i didn't feel anything special on it.. since the Avventura is using linea's engine .. I hope my car is more power full and stable than avventura and the new punto .. even though they are new, they are making noise on deep throttle :\ so i am not gonna blame her(my linea) sound on deep throttle .
    I got all the old engine parts , the half engine is almost 100+ kg ..

Here is my finale bill 1,44809 Rs 1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    Will post her pictures after washing :)
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Unni your Avatar is showing 1.4 please remove it or update the same. It was confusing, you have an MJD and it shows FIRE petrol.