1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo , oil pump and engine failure for linea 2010 aug model at 62k!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by mohdshea, Dec 23, 2014.

1. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Nobody have contacted me till now. Finally I called Charan from Daiwik fiat to see if there is some movements. He said the head have returned from lathe after the reconditioning work. He asked whether I have done something through Facebook. Actually yesterday I wrote in the fiat India Facebook page that I need a technically sound answer for at least what is happening to my car. He had received a call from his GM in the morning regarding this and requested me not to do that anymore. And sumesh from fiat had called him and is insisting on either convincing the situation to me or the dealer to bear the amount. And also I think they have already stopped the work. As promissed by Charan previously the engine is supposed to be made to start by tomorrow evening but when I am asking he is telling lot of excuses.
    Today I also enquired Charan if there was actually some hidden recalls for the timing chain. He said it was not actually a recall but there was a caution from fiat for pre 2012 models and if some problems noticed is is changed to the new model.
    If you look at my previous bill you can see timing chain was changed due to sound and that time I was under warranty but I had to pay for. God knows.
    If fiat had seen an issue with pre 2012 car's timing chain then they should have shown the guts for a company recall instead of waiting till the warranty is over and making even more profit out of it.
    Ganges likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry bro for the pain you are dealing with.Keep fighting, dont let give a single penny from your pocket.
    mohdshea likes this.
  3. Ahmed Mubeen

Ahmed Mubeen Timido

chennai
    chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @ mohdshea good to see the pressure building within. One should also remember it's only because of the continuous writing in forums and fiat Indias fb page we can except a response, else they treat it as some one else problem while it's actually theirs. I encourage you to continue writing even if they insist not to and keep the forums updated on the turn out of events.

The response is spontaneous either from fiat or FASS when we write and keep fellow fiatians posted as their brand value is at stake

Our intention is to get the facts straight and solve the issue not to damage the reputation .

I hope this is understood by them.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  4. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Ganges, feels frustrated. Might be because we care for our cars. Even if it is just a machine most of us refer to attributes of living things like her, my beauty, stallion, in love and such things.
    Its very heart breaking to see my car precently in the garage without the engine with her head more elevated like a boat.
    @asimpleson actually I had given the nod to carry on the work previously itself. How long should I wait. Its more than a month now itself. I have a weird feeling that I will never ever drive her again as it used to be. Few weeks back when I visited Daiwik the front glasses were down, so I asked them to lift it so that the interior don't get dirty and in a funny way I told them I intend to use this car again. But they said if closed for such a long time the interior can smell bad. I agreed as I didn't want an argument.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 3, 2015 ---
    @Ahmed Mubeen yes mubeen you said it. Very true to every point. When things go wrong fiat should have given respect and valued customers like me. Do you know something? I actually never even had done a proper test drive before buying my car! Just around 100 metres that too some other customers car that came for service because the showroom does not have a TD car that time. It is customers like us who gave them the third chance in this market.
    And one more thing, if fiat does not give any goodwill does anybody think we will not repair? Hell NO. In my case I will and I will fight by all means I can.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    Ahmed Mubeen likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Actually in your opening post on this thread the pic of an engine on the floor is there. It was pretty evident then that you could not tow the car to another FASC or another expert mechanic who has worked of Fiat's multijet on Tata or Maruti as well. I would have started by investigating in detail at first what or how things went wrong with original engine. Since you say all services are on time, why did you give a go ahead in a way agreeing to shell some money from your pocket, beats me. I thought you would wait and sort this mess with Fiat after the estimate/guesstimate was given.

We should be aware of these tactics by FASCs which make people with genuine issues too excessively from pocket. What if they said the bill could be like 2.5lacs! you wouldn't agree then, would you? Anyways meanwhile ask for maximum waiver from Fiat as a special case. If oil and filter change is done no reason such issues should have cropped up.
    Ganges and mohdshea like this.
  6. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @asimpleson actually i was afraid to tow the car out. in the beginning it was just the turbo, but later when the engine problem arise if i had taken the car out of garage how could i have bargained with fiat. all this fight with fiat is possible only because the car is in their garage, engine seizure occured from there and i am in a position to question them all because of this. and i was afraid even though i was enquiring about lathes to do the overhaul from outside. i really want my car to be back to normal in all possible ways. please understand my situation:arghh:
    and again i mailed to mangesh and sumesh and i think its over. they are not even showing the courtesy to reply to my mail.
  7. Ahmed Mubeen

Ahmed Mubeen Timido

chennai
    chennai
    Linea 1.3
  8. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    hello friends,
    i hope this will be my conclusion. sorry for not updating for a while.. i was in a state of withdrawal phase..some habits are very difficult to leave,right?
    i had a real bad experience from fiat! yes, sumesh, sales head in fiat kerala zone informed me through mail that nothing more could be done with a highlighted note threatening me if i post something over social media defaming fiat or the dealer they will take legal action against me!!!
    yes, they did that and let me try if i could post a screen shot.
    actually i was hurt, scared and really hated anything that ia related to fiat.
    the work was going on and by 5th jan the overhaul was over and again there was yet another surprise!
    the engine after first start is showing some pick up problems and also gear shift cable needs replacement.
    there was some problem with the fuel pump.
    i told them to hell with it what ever be the issue. but the SA told me it might just only require fuel pump cleaning and they will do it from their part.
    on 10th January finally i got the car back.
    total bill is 74000 for engine work.
    12500 for turbo
    2000 for engine number engraving.

few more interesting things is there to be shared but before that i will upload the final bill.
    thank you all...each one of you for supporting me and being with me all this time when i needed it most. i express my gratitude to all of you.`
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Good to hear that your car is back to glory! Did you get any discounts on the final bill?
  10. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    New Doc_1(1).jpg New Doc_2(1).jpg New Doc_3.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 18, 2015 ---
    yes let us hope so shams. yeah i got some discounts.. but the truth is that for a discount of 15000 on parts they should not have made me wait for almost 2months!
    and regarding the turbo, i think i was cheated because it is not a new one, its a refurbished one, that too from the same paramount autozone that i have mentioned earlier. i will not be getting the old turbo back too
    and the odo reading in the bill is wrong. i think they have intentionally increased it. i have proof
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015