1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo , oil pump and engine failure for linea 2010 aug model at 62k!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by mohdshea, Dec 23, 2014.

1. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    RTO mandates submission of engine number engraved onto paper using pencil. Its kind of ensuring corrrect details are submitted. Same technique is used by insurance agencies (in case you change insurance company)
    mohdshea likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the info mangesh.
    Insurance guys takes engine number and chasis number from the label plate, located inside the boot area.
    mohdshea likes this.
  3. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you Ganges for your support. The new half engine block comes with blank engine number plate. So the old engine number that has been endorsed in the RC have to be engraved.
    Ganges likes this.
  4. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @Ganges When I got my bike's insurance changed from Bajaj Allianz to ICICI Lombard, insurance guy visited my place and took the chassis number engraved on paper and attached it along with snap of the vehicle. At that time I got this information.
    mohdshea and Ganges like this.
  5. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/156372-fiat-punto-engine-failure-57000-kms.html
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-90-bhp-owners-timing-chain-issue-recall.html
    hello friends,
    i don't think i am the only person with these issues. at 52k when i went for service the SA told me there was sound from timing chain which should be replaced, and i did. that time he told me there was metal particles in the oil. but the car was fine that time. if you look into my invoice which i uploaded earlier its very clear. there were no further recommendations too. those particles must be from the faulty bearings, i suppose.
    also i came to know fiat have changed the timing chains from 2012 onwards and some pre 2012 cars chains were changed under warranty as from teambhp member sources. never heard of those recalls before.
    till this moment i was not given a clear explanation from anybody from neither fiat nor the dealer what caused my engine seizure.
    anyway i have decided to fight this out. after complaining to manjesh of fiat i din't get a call from sumesh as told by him till now.
    a few weeks back when i was at daiwik i met another customer who is an advocate too. he too had the same issue last year and engine overhaul was done at 70k from TASS. he went legally and it is in his favor. i think i will go his way if i did not get full goodwill.
    dear brothers, i really need all your advises and support
    shea.
  6. Ahmed Mubeen

Ahmed Mubeen Timido

chennai
    chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi mohdshea, although the product is amazing, need to say that the FASS lacks expertise and its high time fiat steps in and rectify their lackluster performance to regain their momentum. I have had my part but nothing major. Wr to the current issue stay strong keep fighting if need be consider going legally as well .
    mohdshea likes this.
  7. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you mubeen for your support. I am expecting intervention from fiat even though they had not called me yet. Let us see.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ send a reminder email to mangesh saying that nobody has contacted you yet
    mohdshea likes this.
  9. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Yes shams I have send him a reminder just now
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    All the issues about nozzles!? or number engraving can wait. Please don't give them a go ahead. You ask the FASC to contact Fiat, also ask them to forward you Fiat's reply regarding your car. Take that reply too and make it part of your conversation via email. Time to start emailing FASC and documenting things. Please mention all your service history, if engine oils esp. have been changed on time, you have a good chance of getting this engine issue resolved. I have seen your latest bills. You might need to attach bills from the beginning and send to Fiat. Besides even if you don't they will have those bills in their DMS.
    mohdshea likes this.