1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo , oil pump and engine failure for linea 2010 aug model at 62k!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by mohdshea, Dec 23, 2014.

1. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @asimpleson yes I am very sure that all the services where on time. The service advisor have agreed to get me the complete service history. Of course I believe in prevention is better than cure. But still this happened to me. And again nobody from called me till now. Have ordered the half engine. waiting for its arrival!
  2. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Yesterday I got a call from fiat customer care(amith) and told me since its Christmas they could not process my complaint and they will contact me today. a few minutes back i again contacted them and amith told me that he totally understand my concern and had already escalated the mater to higher authorities,will discuss and will call me back in 1hr. god knows what they are planning.
    i am uploading my last service bill also.

New Doc 3_1(1).jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    hello friends,
    finally i got a call from fiat (amith) and it was a conference call with charan (dealer) also participating, on saturday. from fiat's side they said they will provide a 30% reduction on NDP on engine parts (i did not understand what that was). i asked what the final bill would be and it is RS 85,000. i am not sure whether i am getting a good deal or not even after waiting for a month. as said by amith it is the final deal and nothing more could be done. even this is done after considering that i am a true fiat enthusiast! i don't know how they understood that!
    friends,
    should i pursue further or be happy with what i got?
    anyway today morning the half engine arrived. the head was sent to some lathe for cleaning, valve alignment procedures and by tomorrow evening the engine would be made to start.
    i am attaching a photo of the removed half engine.
    the service adviser was asking if i want the injectors to be cleaned and serviced. for which they usually remove the injectors and send it to the authorized bosch service center at cochin by courier. the charge is around 2000 for each injectors. he said the pressure in injectors gradually gets low over time and if cleaned and serviced can give better mileage and performance. should i do it?
    and i more thing the new half engine don't have any engine number. there are two options. one is the digital engraving method which is for around 3500 and transportation charges. other is the local conventional method. which should i chose?
    and it is said that i won't be getting the old half engine and other changed parts back for time being till i get a nod from fiat as a part is goodwill warranty. they will be doing some analysis on that. should i agree with that?
    once again thank you all for your valuable support and advices.

IMG_20141231_162051.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^I would suggest write a detailed email to mangesh kodalkar (head of customer service) requesting for more help from Fiat. If you are lucky they might increase the discount on parts to 50%. Also request the dealer to give discount from their side on labour.
    mohdshea likes this.
  5. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    thank you shams
    can you please send me send me the email address.
    the dealer is already given their discount. i think its mandatory in goodwill that the dealer can't take labour charges. please go through the estimate that i had already uploaded
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Please do as shams suggested. All this still feels so nightmarish even if we are not experiencing this first hand. Please fight at every level, how did the new half engine arrive, did you give a nod. Make sure you get back the old half engine. How can such a seize happen in-spite of all oil changes.

If I were you, I would take opinion about the older engine from another workshop before asking them to remove and throw that engine on floor. How does one know what is REALLY so bad with that engine. I now think even if it was maybe a rebuild would have been cheaper. Besides Fiat is not doing you any favour by giving you just 30% discount. Although technically the company is not legally liable, esp. with warranty and EW expired.

Will you take a quote of this job from some other dealer or good private garage to. You should really bargain hard for the labour charges too. Also what is the cost of half engine (block), how is the bill still so high at 85K?
    Ganges and mohdshea like this.
  7. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    please asimpleson you too take a look at the estimate quoted by the dealer. it is on the previous page. thank you very much. i got his mail from googling. anyway i will write to him in detail
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mohdshea.
    Fight at each level, that's pretty strange you had all clean entry in the service history also the timing chain was replaced.Man definitely they are hiding something .What are the other reasons to make engine die? Take all the printouts for the service history and explain them and ask why my Linea has failed? With clean history.You have followed the FIAT Handbook and you have all the rights to fight for it, rather they should do all this repair works at free of cost, then what's the use of regular service intervals?.
    I would say ask them to stop the work they are doing ,unless you get resolved about the quote.
    mohdshea likes this.
  9. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    I wrote to Mr.manjesh in detail last night around 1145 actually and the response was very prompt (morning 645am). He said Mr.sumesh will be contacting me soon. Waiting for it. Regarding the nozzle I said not to service it as if some problems arise in the future it can be serviced without removing the engine. Alredy the bill is too much.
    Somebody please help me with this engine number engraving thing. Could not get much information from net too. One of the drivers in the hospital I work told me that if by due to any causes RDO inspects and sees the forged engine number then that will an issue. I asked this to service center and they say the local engraving method is enough and they will provide a certificate of block change.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I didn't understood engine number engraving ?