1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo , oil pump and engine failure for linea 2010 aug model at 62k!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by mohdshea, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado ,Swift and elite i20,I. Just needed a reliable car,and because for now my dads investing,so just need a reliable low maintenance car,before I was not even considering punto,I hope I will have a fuss free experience,fingers crossed.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Aviral singh

You WILL have a good experience with your Fiat.

It may not be 'fuss-free' in the utopian sense: as with any car from any carmaker there will be servicing needs and occasions.

But I can assure you: chances are very high that those occasions will be for trivialities (wheel alignment slightly off, door window motor-kind of thing) if at all (there are many here on TFi and elsewhere who have indeed had what might be called 'fuss-free' ownership experiences, myself included), NOT for anything remotely serious with the engine, the gearbox, the alloys, brakes, suspension, paint, AC, bodywok, electricals, electronics.

Care for a wager on that? :) Relax and don't neglect to enjoy your ravishing new Evo 90hp! ;-)
    asimpleson and Aviral singh like this.
  4. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    yaa,I agree with you @prabhjot,there are some issues which develop in machines with time,but it should be reasonable,hoping for best. clear.png
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Mechanical failures can happen to anybody anytime. Even the space shuttle or the launchers of highest technology fail at times. It is important to listen to the engine notes, look into the rear mirror at night and observe for excess smoke, open the bonnet once a week to check fluid levels. We have to take care too. Something could have gone somewhere. could be in the form of bad fuel, longer oil change, tampered too often (in your case change of timing chain very very early) and poor workmanship . All this can happen to me too. I had no issues with my Punto which I used for 98K kms and just sold. Will be getting a new EVO tomorrow. Life is like that.

Abdul
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @jumu, best wishes tomorrow for a new car. The timing chain change before time cannot lead to engine damage, it can on the contrary keep things in tighter tolerances for a perfect engine timing. The issue looks more like engine oil problem.
    jumu likes this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    But if timing chain is replaced before recommended interval, it indicates malfunctioning of the timing mechanism. And in that case oil pump, water pump, pretentioner & autotentioners all come in to preview.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I dont know about water pump and oil pump co-relation with timing chain, but remaining items are changed SOS.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2014 ---
    The chain developing noise is not too uncommon, the same noisy chain can go upto lac kms or more in some cases and in some cases could snap much earlier, where the EW could be availed inm most cases and customer wouldn't need to worry too much. The issue hardly looks like a problem with timing chain, in which case it would need a rework with the rocker arms and valves and other ingredients in the engine head. I think he mentioned of metallic particles somewhere, that indicates wear and tear of other engine internals. They are recommending half engine block (or combustion components) to get the engine running.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  9. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Yes thank you asimpleson for your advice. I am not having the last service bill right now.will upload it in two days time. thank you so much again
    today again i called fiat toll free as i did not get any response from them. again they told me they are still collecting data from the dealer.
    i visited the dealer to get the estimate. i got it and i am uploading its vital part.
    i feel like i am the 25year old non smoker girl who is having CA lung(cancer in chest) while the 90year old smoker grand father is still healthy!
    i also used to be the (honestly still i am) kind of person who have this feeling fiat makes Ferrari mind it.
    @jumu i also used to take utmost care...even used to idle for a minute before stopping! yeah at least most of the times. i used to listen to the engine notes. once again my car was performing as usual till i gave to the dealer. and regarding looking through the RVM i don't rev that hard. once i had such an issue 2 years back and i noticed, the turbo hose was leaking and got it fixed.
    i am not telling fiat cars are bad. still i am a pure fiat fan, but i say they don't know how to be with customers like me. i think issues like mine occurs only in like 1 in 500 or something cars. what i am asking from them is a goodwill warranty for my engine.
    if they could not or does not value my concerns OK they could have said it right away. no need to have me waited for a month.
    my dear friends,
    i am a bit desperate now really feels like i am getting robbed. you all don't know how deeply i am attached emotionally with this car of mine. i am not planning to sell her of ever! this is my first car,and i am having a lot of sweet memories with except this.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 25, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 24, 2014 ---
    View attachment 75585

New Doc_2.jpg
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @mohdshea , your only option is to prove that all your servicing were on time, especially the oil changes. Again make sure you attach and send all invoices in specific order with annotations if any as you feel necessary. Refer to owners handbook/manual for service schedules upto 60k kms. If everything is OK from your end this type of failure of engine is unacceptable.

Do post what is the reply from Fiat at a later date. Make a PDF from scanned documents in an orderly fashion, makes it easier to check for the Fiat guys. Like I said earlier, change of timing chain beforehand shows that you believed in preventive maintenance, do suggest the same to Fiat. Ask the SA to back you up on this.
    mohdshea and prabhjot like this.