1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo not working in a new 75 HP Punto

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by abhiuday, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Looks like one of turbo hose pipes have leak or come off, take it to any trusted mechanic they can fix it but they will need to remove the front bumper.

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

You are right may be we need to check the 0-60 and 0-100 timings?
  2. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Guys i have got a good news for all of us. Abhi's ride is back to normal now. There was something wrong with the maps in ECU, they just installed the stock maps and the Punto is rocking:redcar again. The work was carried out by Oberoi cars noida sec 1.:clapping:clapping:clapping
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    5 people like this.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Good to hear that the problem is resolved..
    This is one more lesson learned for all of us.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    ahhhh...at last... :) tass are not so bad afterall.. But i still can't stop laughin when abhi said that the mechanic told him PUNTO 2012 doesn't have turbo in it...god...these people still think we don't know anything in this information age
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Glad to know that problem solved. I am also facing this type of problem

ECU mapping overwritten. Means problem was like a virus attack in os of pc.
    Thanx I will also take this trial & error.

@ abhiuday
    If problem repeat get ecu change. If ecu has manufacturing defect,mapping get disturb.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    How does Virus get into the ECU?
  7. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Ok guys, as they say, happiness does not last forever.

Yesterday I got the car fixed for turbo issue at Oberoi motors. Immediately after I could feel the turbo giving boost...but not as much as it was before. This I had told the chap at workshop too. He said I should drive for a day so two and in case of any issues I should come back. Came back from TASS with a small smile. I knew I had to thoroughly check the repair. And yes, one more new scratch introduced on the car. So my punto's total visit to TASS = 4. Total scratches on the car = 4. One scratch per visit :)

So well today was the day when i wanted to test my car.

Found a secluded road in south delhi (yes, in south delhi..even I was suprised to find one empty stretch). The stretch is around 2.5 kms.
    Tyre pressure: 32. Lone driver. Drove arnd 10 kms before conducting this test.

Outcome of the test drive:
    1. The turbo not as much as it was before (the ecu thing still hasn't fixed it fully)
    2. The car reaches 100km mark at 2500 RPM and not before that. Earlier it used to reach 100 at arnd 2200 RPM.video link attached)
    3. Car does not cross 120 km barrier. tried 4 times. once captured on video. RPM crossed 4500, still I was at 120 - 125 mark.
    4. I could not beat a polo :mad:

Vidoe is here

The big questions now is: How do I put this problem across to TASS? I am running out of options :(

Would request fellow TFIAns who have a Punto 75 hp, and who live in south delhi, if they could please let me drive their car for just a kms or so.
    Would also request fellow TFIAns (again with 75 hp version) if they could let me know - at what rpm does their car reach 100; and whether you are able to push the car beyond 120km.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Abhi.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  8. Saw the video looks normal to me, even my car touches 100 at 2500 rpm it has never reached 100 at 2200.
  9. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    What about the turbo...do you feel a push when the turbo kicks in arnd 2000 rpm?
  10. usually felt in second and third gears the most, in other gears it is flat.
    one more thing is that 75hp takes its sweet time to cross above120 kmph, better push to 130 in fourth gear and then up shift so that it reaches 160+ quickly.. you need a road first for this ;)