1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

turbo leak , used it like that for 1.5 yrs, Needed help please

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by theblack, May 13, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    so now you dont have any hissing noise at all.. Even at very high rpms?
    Can you please observe and let me know
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    that noise has dissapeared completely after the turbo replacement. its little over two months now since it was replaced. the sound was more like a whistle and very easy to notice
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    hmm.. so there is absolutely no hissing noise at all.. of any sort?
    This is interesting now, i still hear some noise, not sure if its a leak or default turbo noise.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Was there any ECU error related to Turbo boost ? & if you got turbo replacement without any ecu error thenASS seems very much co-operative nature. Coz many tata ass denys performance related problem by claiming"No any ECU error" So all is well.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    there was no ECU related error and neither any problem with the performance! the whistling sound was so distinct and prominent that they couldn't deny it
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    so now even i have slight whistling noise.. what do i do?
    I just got the hose replaced , this noise comes only upwards of 3000rpm.
    I've heard this characteristic noise from all turbo engines when they are revved up to turbo capacity.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    if its present in other cars as well then it shouldn't be a problem! in my car the sound was very distinct from the usual sound in other cars. for confirmation wait till the tfi meet where we can compare the sound with other cars also.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    yeah, that should be a good idea..
    Waiting for the meet now :)
  9. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    If there is any issue with the tubo shouldn't that have been detected during the diagnostic test that service guys run on ECU ? If not how can we pinpoint turbo issues like these ?
    Techies , Your inputs would be useful here.
    Thanks,
    Srijit
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm actually still interested in knowing a way to figure out turbo leaks..
    Because I've seen many turbo cars that have a whistling noise when turbo kicks in.
    This was the main reason i held back in thinking that I had a leak somewhere.

I still have hissing noise at some RPM but everyone i speak to say its the turbo kicking in.. I'm not aware of what is the right answer here...