1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo Failure

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by adwaitorama, May 29, 2013.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    There will always be oil in the turbo hoses. This is due to the blowby gases going into the intake and they contain oil. This oil condenses and thats why we see oil in intercooler and hoses. Nothing to worry about.
  2. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    Thanks for all...for great reply
  3. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I had a similar experience while on my way to Kumta (Karnataka), the pickup suddenly dropped near Kolhapur. There was no check engine light nor any black smoke. Took my car to Aaron Fiat Kolhapur. Unfortunately Aaron did not have an examiner hence they were not able to diagnose the problem. The Mechanic tried his best but could not rectify the problem. Knowing Sutaria Fiat-Belgaum called them and took my car to Belgaum. The error shown in the examiner was "PO238 TURBO PRESSURE & PO235 BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR". After checking all the sensors they confirmed that the problem was with the turbo. As the original Turbo was not available got a TEL make Turbo for Punto fitted. This Turbo has a 6 month warantee same as the original Turbo and at half the cost.
    asimpleson and gpunto75 like this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    TEL is turbo (both FGT and VGT) supplier for Fiat Multijet engines. The one you get at half the price is a refurbished turbo.
  5. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes I was informed its an RE-CON Turbo and the price is in exchange of the old Turbo. But as seen it is a new part and does not look like a RE-CON and further available ex-stock.

turbo.jpg
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @kirenh bhai the parts inside are available as a kit with their partners. Sometimes though even very less used turbos go back to company. Which might look like new. Most factory refurbished turbos would look as good as new with all the quality checks in place.
    kirenh likes this.