1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo Failure

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by adwaitorama, May 29, 2013.

1. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    not that i remember, so correct me :)

the same tool will show throttle position too.
  2. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I convinced the SA and now he accepts that there is certainly an issue. After insisting on thorough checkup, we found that the hose pipes were bent and damaged, and there is engine oil in the turbo hose pipes. Now the SA says, the hose pipes and the Turbo unit itself should be replaced. ! Im fighting with the Insurance company now to reopen the earlier claim, since the feedback that I gave was as soon as I got the vehicle after the accident repairs were completed.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    How much oil?

There will always be a little bit of oil in the turbo hoses, all of them. Even on perfectly healthy engines.
  4. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    There was Oil dripping consistently on the hose, and we noticed the engine oil level reduced by around 20-25% approx. The oil color was pitch black.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I had a minor leak on the intercooler in the past and used to see oil stains from the area of leak, so some oil in the Turbo hoses is expected.
  6. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    I have same problem, but this time its TJet engine. My car was with Balaji Autoworld for past 5 months for repair. Finally I gave up and took the car with the pickup problem. The car had saved my life and she got seriously damage at front. The whole engine head assembly was rebuild by them. But after this(5 months of waiting) , car had no pickup at all. The car seems not to have turbo at all. I have test driven another TJet and there is was difference in both... How can I prove that turbo is not working? can someone throw light on this???? How can I make sure that this is the turbo problem and not the engine problem? The car did touch 130 on one of the test tun... Can ECU be also the culprit? with wrong error code from previous accident experience? The SA at Balaji told me that my Turbo is fine and its working... But my car should proves the point , when she is not able to climb the bridges on 2nd with full four people on board.... Previously the turbo use to kick at 1500rpm and above... Now no kick at all..
    P.S: I have TJET+ petrol engine, with 8K done...
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Navneet,

Hard to tell without actually knowing about the car. But since the car was involved in a big accident and later rebuilt by FASS, any thing could go wrong. The mechanics at FASS could easily have screwed up something while rebuilding the car. I can expect anything from them.

What all was done to the engine apart from head rebuild? Why in God's name was the head rebuilt at all? :confused:

If, i repeat if the mechanicals are fine, then it should be some electronic issue. Get the car on the examiner and check for any errors/ missing connections etc etc. If any of the mechanicals are screwed up, it's hard to diagnose without an expert pair of hands and proper diagnostic equipment.
  8. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    Hi..my punto also have some oil stains in the hose (where it come from intercooler), but oil level is not decreased ...is it any issue in turbo ?...please clear me
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    Quoted my reply as given above.
  10. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Well , the car was thrown 10 meters away from road and the bottom was completely destroyed by the 2 foots rocks on the field... Linea was strong enough to break all those 2 foots stone and made a road way on the landmark, keeping me safe all the way...
    Initially , engine seemed to be untouched.. But from below , Oil and collant was leaking,, bumper and radiator completely damage...
    At FASS, when the engine was opened, he showed me the broken timing belt and few screws at that side completely broke,,,, Even at the crash site I was able to find one 5 inch bolt of the engine.
    FASS told me if the engine valves are misalligned the engine head(and many other parts) will required to be replaced.... When I asked if turbo is ok, he said its fine.

Now after all this operation, my angel has been driven 200Km and still I cant feel the punch.. Will be taking her to FASS this weekend...

The only other issue which I remember was that , before the accident , rat had chew my engine wires cause of which she was not hitting above 100kmph... And cause of emergency i couldnt repair it on time.... Hence I though ECU might be behaving as earlier, which will result in low pickup.. But in test run she did cross 120kmph...