1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo doesn't kick in always

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by theblack, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

There is no issue with your turbo. The only problem, you were expecting the same shove@1700 RPM. It's just feel easy with very mild turbo action & it is linear up-to 2200 RPM@whichever gear you are in other than 5th. Even in 4th gear@2200-2500 RPM, it takes off..!! It feels linear though in 5th but once you get into 2800-3000 RPM range, even 5th gear produces butterflies in stomach in 90HP:mrgreen:. Do clear your filter though if it has run over 10000 KMs. No washing etc. is required, just a violent burst of compressed air for 2-3 mins will do the job.
    1 person likes this.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Thank you for you're help..
    I think the last air filter cleaning was done sometime after Dec '11 and I've definitely driven more than 3k since then..
    Will clean it probably next week..
    Also you suggest cleaning the air filter once every 1000km ?
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It's 10000 KMs.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Instead of cleaning the air filter, I prefer to replace it. I have planned to replace it every 7500 Kms. When I did the second service for my Linea, I got an additional air filter from the TASS. I will replace it at 22,500 kms.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    whats the cost of air filter ?
  6. AshithK

AshithK Novizio

Any update as yet?