1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo charger replaced under warranty

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by romsi_rk, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Shama, You are correct.. it was very difficult to show them the problems I am facing.. Though they understood the problem, without an ivestigation they are not in a postion to tell me the issue, I beleive so. I will be travelling tomorrow to my native. I will try to take the car to SC on saturday to nearest dealrer there.

2. theblack

theblack Esperto

I have a small issue here. .
    Mine is fgt and its not always that I feel that my car darts forward.
    Sometimes I've noticed that even when I reach 2300 rpm I dont feel anything .
    But sometimes I feel Turbo kick in quite well .
    Anyway I can check better?

3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I have noticed the same..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Uhh, i was facing a low boost and low pick up + low mileage since few 1000 kms. Had checked the turbo + all hose pipes + EGR etc everything that i and TASS could.

Finally i would call good luck that my turbo hose pipe near the intercooler burst with a noise and i got engine check light on :)

It got punctured in such a place that one cannot properly see while inspection. So i think there was a small hole since long time which wasnt visible as it was on a dark curve facing the engine side.

Replaced the hose and my horse is back riding 90 horses beneath the bonnet :)

1 person likes this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Good to see that issue got resolved. :up

The plumbing from the turbo - intercooler - intake of the Multijet isn't really the best of designs IMO. It's pretty lame.

One can easily witness a jump in performance & efficiency if we upgrade the entire plumbing with a better engineered design.

Cheers.

6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Yeah, i have examined the entire route and plumbing many times and have noticed the below.

1. Pipe from air intake to Turbo intake - perfect design, nice short and good cross section for better airflow.

2. Pipe from beneath the turbo to the intercooler - not great, twisted long route till the bottom on the bumper.

3. Intercooler placement - dont know where else can it fit better, i dont see any place in the engine bay.

4. The rubber hose pipes - very bad quality, be ready for cracks every now and then.

7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    why repair of faulty part changed under extended warranty.The dealer gave me a new rack as the rack changed in extended warranty
    had developed play.

8. romsi_rk

romsi_rk

Turbo changed under extended warranty, even if it develops leak or doesnt work properly... it is given for repair and not replaced.

9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I am getting whistle sound taking the car above 2000 RPM . Is it normal.

10. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

In My Punto Turbo charger got changed bcos of some leaks in turbo.. actually There was no Turbo charger spare with them , I have waited for 5 days and asked them to return Vehicle .. Then They Replaced The Turbo charger which as taken from their vehicle!!!.. I was not satisfied with dealings.. but since I had an urgent trip and wanted the car. I agreed. I didnt get any bill from them... the replacement was completely unofficial. They said They will claim for the turbo for their vehicle....