1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo charger replaced under warranty

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by romsi_rk, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Shama, You are correct.. it was very difficult to show them the problems I am facing.. Though they understood the problem, without an ivestigation they are not in a postion to tell me the issue, I beleive so. I will be travelling tomorrow to my native. I will try to take the car to SC on saturday to nearest dealrer there.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I have a small issue here. .
    Mine is fgt and its not always that I feel that my car darts forward.
    Sometimes I've noticed that even when I reach 2300 rpm I dont feel anything .
    But sometimes I feel Turbo kick in quite well .
    Anyway I can check better?
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I have noticed the same..
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Uhh, i was facing a low boost and low pick up + low mileage since few 1000 kms. Had checked the turbo + all hose pipes + EGR etc everything that i and TASS could.

Finally i would call good luck that my turbo hose pipe near the intercooler burst with a noise and i got engine check light on :)

It got punctured in such a place that one cannot properly see while inspection. So i think there was a small hole since long time which wasnt visible as it was on a dark curve facing the engine side.

Replaced the hose and my horse is back riding 90 horses beneath the bonnet :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Good to see that issue got resolved. :up

The plumbing from the turbo - intercooler - intake of the Multijet isn't really the best of designs IMO. It's pretty lame.

One can easily witness a jump in performance & efficiency if we upgrade the entire plumbing with a better engineered design.

Cheers.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Yeah, i have examined the entire route and plumbing many times and have noticed the below.

1. Pipe from air intake to Turbo intake - perfect design, nice short and good cross section for better airflow.

2. Pipe from beneath the turbo to the intercooler - not great, twisted long route till the bottom on the bumper.

3. Intercooler placement - dont know where else can it fit better, i dont see any place in the engine bay.

4. The rubber hose pipes - very bad quality, be ready for cracks every now and then.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    why repair of faulty part changed under extended warranty.The dealer gave me a new rack as the rack changed in extended warranty
    had developed play.
  8. Turbo changed under extended warranty, even if it develops leak or doesnt work properly... it is given for repair and not replaced.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I am getting whistle sound taking the car above 2000 RPM . Is it normal.
  10. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut

In My Punto Turbo charger got changed bcos of some leaks in turbo.. actually There was no Turbo charger spare with them , I have waited for 5 days and asked them to return Vehicle .. Then They Replaced The Turbo charger which as taken from their vehicle!!!.. I was not satisfied with dealings.. but since I had an urgent trip and wanted the car. I agreed. I didnt get any bill from them... the replacement was completely unofficial. They said They will claim for the turbo for their vehicle....