1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo charger replaced under warranty

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by romsi_rk, Sep 12, 2011.

1. sudeeari7

I have a punto 90 HP which is VGT, I have also driven my friends 75HP which is FGT. I felt the FGT is more fun to drive than the VGT as the turbo kick is a bit linear in the latter. You can feel the turbo boost in the FGT even when u take a quick turn whereas in the VGT it is not so easy noticeable...
    In my opinion don't go for the swap.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

If you buy from the manufacturer of turbo it costs 12k for FGT and 32k for the VGT.
    The turbo is made by Turbo Energy Ltd India.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanx for informing vendoe of turbo. Code no. of Turbo used in multijet & DDiS is KP 35
  4. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

It looks like TEL has aftermarket support and ASC :

Turbo Energy Ltd (TEL) - Authorised Service Centres
  5. AsylumKing

AsylumKing Timido

Like, are you serious? I'll try that on my way back from work today then. However, in the past I've noticed that after about 1/2 hour and 15 kms of hard driving, the turbo starts kicking in only at about 2800 rpm :confused: Anyhow, hope its a different story once I get my tuning box from al-racing Germany.
  6. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    from last some weeks my mjd doing sumthing humming lyk sound around 2000 rpm ,and as per TFI membars when we had last meet confermd that my car is givng loads of black smock , but i dont have any performance issues with my mjd should i chk my car with Tass or clean air filter and change my fueling station
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  7. maverick

maverick Amatore

Take it to TASS and check whether there are any leaks on the hoses to the turbo. Black smoke do come if there are leaks.

Sent from my iPhone
    1 person likes this.
  8. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    yesterday i oped engine bay n choked all pipes hose and air filter , the pipe which is going from inter cooler to throttle body was found cracked from bottom side of pipe

today morning i rushed to fortune motors thane thank god dey have full set of pipe in stock , pipe need to be changed from inter cooler to throttal body it took around 1 hr to remove bumper remove and replace pipe , part price 716 Rs, and labour 1300Rs. :eek: , part contains 2 rubber sleeves 1 metal connecting pipe and 2 clamps

car fills smooth , MJD grunt is back is back &i can fill turbo boost now :D

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. Of late I m noticing that when the accelerator is released after up/down shifts I hear a slight whistle from the turbo. This happens when the engine is revved and then accelerator is released at stand still as well once the RPM crosses 1.7 k. Is it an issue with the turbo. Its definitely from the turbo and have started noticing it from the last 2 days. No loss of power yet but the engine is slightly rougher. Btw TASS has changed the oil on my insistence at 10 k interval this time and they claim it's selenia wr.
  10. The issue happens when the turbo has spooled and providing boost and the accelerator is released. This is not the BOV sound that we hear when the turbo spools and according to me is the turbo singing
    1 person likes this.