1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo charger replaced under warranty

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by romsi_rk, Sep 12, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    With all due respects, the power delivery of the VGT Multijet is much different than the jackhammer blow of the Swift D. It's a linear progression as opposed to the punch-slap power delivery of the Swift :). And this needs a bit of getting used to, since linear power delivery is often understood as being "slower".

@Srida

Can you get any Chennai TFIan(s) to take a test drive in your 90, who themselves may be driving a 90hp Punto/Linea. A few more opinions on the driveability of the car can bring forward a more detailed description and comparison.

Also, for a VGT to behave OK and not OK in cycles can indicate a potential niggle with the vacuum actuator. At times it may pull the vanes, and other times it may not (resulting in low performance). So, the next time you visit a service centre get this confirmed.

Might help.

Cheers.
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I wouldnt come to such an abrupt conclusion srida.

As of now i dont think there is a problem with the turbo in my car. Just that i am not feeling it as i used to earlier. I am no expert but i presume it could be because of the filter clogging or may be the fuel that i am putting is not up to the mark.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    +1 to Gurjinder. check the Actuator. its visible from outside too if i recollect right. the service advisor can check while you sitting inside the car and racing the engine beyond 2500 rpm in standstill car.
  4. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    As far as i know VGT Punto's and Linea has dual Programing for ECU. If you drive carefully in 1,2nd and 3rd gear it goes into ECO mode, hence it will be little sluggish. To get it out of ECO mode try this, drive your car in 1,2,3 gear and touch 3500+ rpm and it will go into SPORT mode. Or more in layman word give it a blast on a empty road and it go into Sports mode.

Another way which my friend tried with his Linea was to disconnect his Battery for 15min and then drive his car little hard in 1st and 2nd gear.

You will definitely see a difference in the performance of the car.

Please let me know if this help you and dont even think of asking about this from ASS, they dont know a thing about this.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I am just back from Kerala Trip. We used Force Temp Traveler to visit multiple places in Kerala. On the dash I noticed the below note

1. Do not drive vehicle below 50KPH in 5th Gear, this will reduce the life of Clutch

2. This vehicle is powered by Turbo Charger. To maintain the good health of Turbo, keep it idle for 2 minutes before and after start-stop

I did not read the Fiat manual, but this is something everyone should follow. Will try to post the snap

By the way saw KA 53 P 9XXX Fiat Linea 1.3 EPack, a brand new Punto at Guruvayur
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  6. Because this wasnt in the manual.... my turbo got scr***d but now I follow this regularly...... :)
  7. Power Steering rack changed... no thud sounds from steering......... :)

Got my power steering rack changed after a month of my accident and I am relieved as the irritating sound from the steering while going over small ditches has now gone permanently.

Sorry.. no pics of the steering rack but only bill copy is there.

Bill.jpg
  8. I also notice the same in my punto from past few days..it has just done 4500 Kms..I doubt some thing minor..I will be taking my car for the first free service..
    I do not notice the turbo kicking in after 2000rpm..the engine revs linearly till 3000-3500RPM without turbo kick..

Could you post a picture of this turbo hose..i tried to inspect if i can find any lose hose..I could not find any thing
    Is you punot a 90BHP ? Mine is 75 BHP turbo.

I will update this thread after my first service about my issue
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wow! Who is that great Tata dealer who made you happy
    by replacing Turbo
    My FGT was also facing problem of black smoke,loss of power
    and oil in intercooler. But bad Tata dealer became successful to
    misguide FIAT that 'All is well' in my car.

Finally I sold my car after expiry of warranttee
  10. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    One of my friend's 90 HP punto being delivered this week had this problem of not feeling the turbo. Prob was the Vacuum tube being connected to actuator was twisted , once that was rectified its working normal.