1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo charger replaced under warranty

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by romsi_rk, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    even 90 hp multijet 2 engines injectors are different
  2. gp_yash

gp_yash

Bangalore
    I am facing a similar issue romsi. I can harldy feel the Turbo Kick in. There is only a increase in the engine growl beyond 2K RPM. Nothing more than that. Please drive through the issue in detail. How did the SA accept to replace the turbocharger which costs so high ! The SA at the service center i visit has only one answer to any ofl my queries. (This is normal in Punto saar)
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Do make sure that the turbocharger is indeed faulty. The symptoms you describe can also be of a hose coming loose , which tells how much boost the turbo is putting out. Get a thorough examination done.

Cheers
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Romsi, your Punto should be one of the oldest in Kannur ,09 model right. I am impressed to see how such a component has been replaced under warentty.
    I hope the process for these were simple and straight forward like, no e-mails and endless waiting period etc.
    My faith in FIASS is still going on strong..!!
    Cheers.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Yeah I agree. Recently, I had a similar loss of power and couldnt feel the turbo kick in. I took my car to TASS and immediately they checked and found the turbo hose had a leak. since they didnt have stock, insulation taped it and sent me off to finally replace it after a week. It costs me Rs.450/- and my baby is back to normal kicking after 2000 rpm.

Abdul
  6. The SE drove the car and then found that there was a leak and he informed the SA to order for a Turbo, since for turbo there is no repair work, only replacement as option.

Well... Gurjinder has already said that, first check whether turbo is indeed faulty and then only go for a replacement

Oldest... maybe. I think 3rd or 4th car in Kannur in 2009.

Waiting period was 2 weeks, there was no issue what so ever for the turbo replacement.

Why did they charge you 450/-if they didnt change anything???
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    romsi_rk

The turbo hose was replaced with a new one.

abdul
  8. Ok. .... :)
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    If you have a failed turbo, how will you know. Dont laugh at my question, i simply dont have much idea about it, thats why :)
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Symptoms can be many. -they can start making a typical ''dying'' noise when they are about to go-the oil seals can fail and you'll see blue smoke from exhaust-the compressor wheel in rare circumstances can break and end up inside the engine. Expensive repairs-most typically you'll feel loss of boost and drop in power. This is most common.-i wouldn't recommend this but you can check the condition of the turbo by removing the intake hose and trying to move slightly the compressor wheel. It shouldn't move more than a few mm's. I tried this on a old Toyota Diesel we have. Turbo's are very sturdy parts. They mostly fail only when abused.