1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Turbo Charged T-Jet !!!!

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by tjetdriver, May 5, 2011.

1. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    This is the specification of a T-Jet available in Brazil and Turkey. I just bumped into this and man it is tempting. :p

Model Engine Displacement Power Torque 0–100 km/h,s Top speed

1.4 16v T-Jet 1368 cc 152 PS (112 kW) @ 5500 rpm 207 N·m (153 lb·ft) @2250 rpm 8.5 203 km/h (126 mph)
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    adding a tuning box in tjet may give such output.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Tweaking a petrol engine for more power should ideally involve more than just a tuning box.

One option can be to run the factory 150 bhp ECU map ,same spark plugs as specified in the 150 bhp engine, and petrol of only the specified Octane rating. This route seems to be the way to go.

What is unknown however is the Turbo specifications and the like ( intercooler , piping etc)
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  4. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
  5. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    You are right. the tuning box is the wrong way to go about. The only safe way is a proper re-map.

We can get the Linea T-Jet as sold in India to over 155bhp. However, the Linea mentioned by the original poster is the T-Jet 150 model, which has the same turbo housing but a bigger impellerThis one can be upped to about 180bhp.

The intercooler is the same and even in the SS version it is the same. The SS has other MAP sensors.

The one we have done in the UK starting with a GP T-Jet has got a peak torque output of 358Nm, but this was only achievable with a AIR, uprated Garret, exhaust and custom re-map. Acceleration was measured at 6.7s from 0 - 100. The car also needed a limited slip differential.

@ T-Jet driver - I would not recommend a tuning box for this application. I have seen them several times on the dyno losing power towards the upper rpm end cleary indicating that ignition timing is incorrect, which will eventually result in engine disintegration. Also on the road they usually do not show the acceleration times that they dyno results would suggest.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @drifter
    I reckon the 150bhp tjet and the Indian tjet will be having different heads and cams as well?

Are these de-tuned tjets available elsewhere also?

Gurjinder.