1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tunning of Multijet diesel engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by bhai, Apr 1, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    From my earlier post. —

Thats an assumption you are free to make, but its an assumption at best with no real credibility. Its unfortunate that you make such direct allegations. There is nothing personal we want to make out of this. No ego problems. Just the fact that sometimes jumping to conclusions without understanding the finer aspects or points one is trying to point creates a nuisance to many readers at large.

@KKAUL, bro I would have no problem with someone trying to put a completely opposite viewpoint to mine. However, we are trying to find the reasons here and not underlining and pretending to be the know it all experts here. I like to think of myself as a keen observer rather than ESPERTO, which as we know comes with increasing forum discussion participation.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 3, 2015 ---
    punto rib.jpg
    Original Picture from here>> https://www.google.co.in/search?q=p...sch&tbs=isz:lt,islt:xga&imgrc=8j2KExDhO_9SMM:
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 3, 2015 ---
    http://www.motoroids.com/reviews/fiat-avventura-review-strutted-up-finnesse/3/
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That is very good of you even I am a stonch believer of same. The day one get Ego and say he has learned it all ,the sameday his downfall starts.I Live everyday in hardcore Mech. Engg. still believe have to learn a lot.
    I did'nt mean any offence but the points you specified were typically what we read on different moto sites and believe me they miss out a lot of things and misinterpret them. May be deliberately or without knowing can't comment. When I read your post I felt the same that is why I wrote that.
    If it hurts Sorry for the same.
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The airfilter cover in the picture has been around since 2012. My car is running with the similar cover. Not sure from when it was changed.
  4. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @bhai

Have you checked the injector discharge with Bosch service center they will charge only 500 ruppees to check the discharge. Ideally if I remember correctly it should be 10 ml per minute at idling. If the injector holes are clogged or crimped from the front the ECU won't show any error but the car won't have the same pickup as original
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @KKAUL
    In warrantee period FIAT doesn,t give permission to open injectors unless & until there is any fuel supply system error.
  6. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @bhai

Totally agree on the above. But how come FASS is going to know that You opened the injectors if you do not tell them
    Maddy79 likes this.