1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tunning of Multijet diesel engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by bhai, Apr 1, 2014.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have a SX4 90 HP with VGT. Yes SX4 DDiS has also lag section between idle RPM to 1300 RPM.
    But I am talking about drivability in lag section.
    Both DDiS I mean 75 & 90 HP has no heavyness & poor throttle response even in lag section also.

Turbolag & bad throttle response these 2 concept are different.

I use same bunk for my DDiS 90 & MJD 90. Still I get bad performance from my MJD in lag section.
    & better throttle response from my DDiS in lag section.
    That's why I mentioned that it is my experience that DDiS,Quadrajet,TDi,CRDi are more suitable for bad fuel.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I wished you had mentioned this early on in discussion. Thanks for making things more clear to understand now.

I have tried to explain some part of it in my earlier post, care to comment your thoughts on the same? Thanks.

:p heartsent for our mutual benefit .. !
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Done 2 services of 45 K & 60 K. Changed timing chain. Tried MAF sensor of other linea. Still problem persist.
    Now service dealer of Ahmednagar snapped shots of ECU parameters & sent to FIAT.

Let,s see what happens.
    @45 K service Sky moto dealer done some work. Performance gained but again performance gain lasted only upto 100-200 km. After using car for 200 km, car again started to give problem of heavyness & poor torque.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @bhai,

Try using STP fuel additive (at least two bottles with intructions as per STP), it helps also to lubricate the fuel pump along with injection cleaning. Also, I am hoping you have the newer design of engine air filter cover. Hopefully, there is no minor leak in turbo pipes and all.

Also use STP engine oil additive and see the benefits. Hopefully, your problem should solve if no other issue is there.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes I have replaced new air type air cleaner cover. About turbo hoses, there is no direct leak. But it seems that there is extremely minor leak. I mean when I touch the pipes wet dust is there. If pipes are 100% OK dust on pipes should be complete dry type.

But his type of little bit wet dust is normal as per FASS. On 22nd Aug I have an appointment at FIAT ASS.

Today there was a call from FIAT about my complaint. One Mr.Akshay was trying to convince me by stating difference about weight of Maruti SX4 & 90 HP. But I denied his argument. I told him there is very much difference of performance of first day of purchase of car & today's performance. So definitely car has some problem. There is no any ECU error means either issue is about any sensor giving false reading to ECU OR faulty ECU. I will update the same.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Cleaned inlet manifold,EGR valve & cooler assly.
    Still problem persists. Performance gained in very much little amount.
    So now replacing faulty clutch switch. If it is not useful then I am going to replace MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure). Because there is no feeling of pressure of turbo in the in manifold even engine crossed 2000 RPM
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  7. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @bhai
    I am yet still to get what exactly was your issue. Can you write it down in 2 lines.

@asimpleson
    I read your post earlier on the page and believe me you too go by the online reviews which people give.
    As far as Power to weight ratio is considered I will give you a simple tip.
    Say GP is heavier by 100 kg from swift so make 2 passenger sit in swift say of weight 50 kg each to offset the weight and run both the cars swift will still be faster.
    Not advocating Swift but you need to see the real world in Real engg many things are compromised for the sake of profits and gearbox is one of them.

I do not want to get iinto ugly discussion as GP ended before but get the facts straights yourself rather than listening to these so called online Car Gurus.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Poor performance at high rpm also. No ecm error. Changed EGR valve,intercooler. Cleaned IC,EGR, & manifold. Still car is crowling. In city I can,t overtake a 2wheeler quickly. Getting performance like a Bajaj Minidoor diesel 3 wheeler Auto rickshaw
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  9. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If all mechanical and Hoses are upto mark .Then Have FASS ever Rebooted the ECU with the new programme
  10. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you please show which new design of air filter cover u r talking about.