1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tubless tyre query

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Appu_123, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Appu_123

Hi All,

I am having problems with GP MJD and vibrates at 130 kmph after doing tyre rotation in second service and now they are not able to set it properly no matter what they do.

vibration is very severe and whole car vibrates in the front and then gets to rear slowly as speed increase.

Dealer examined the tyre and now he says becuase there are patches in two tyre that was put when punture was removed(these are tubless tyre) this is problem for vibration at > 130kmph. Friends I did'nt had it with the same tyre while leving it for second service and after tyre rotation since they are not able to align it properly and balance it they are giving me this reason.

In the past when mechanic fixed this punture he tried fixing it from outside this did'nt work so he patched it from inside can this be the cause of this problem ??

Thanks in advance.

2. Appu_123

Need help fellas! Pls pour in your comments.
  3. I would suggest you check the wheel balancing and alignment with outside tire balancing people (not the showroom) who have good equipment like Hunter (http://www.hunter.com) . Hunter is one of the companies which makes the best equipment for tire balancing and alignment.
  4. Appu_123

Thanks for the suggesting this I will have to do that I have no confidence in the equipments the dealer has.
  5. go to other dealers or to some proper tyre shop which has proper equipment to do balancing and check.
    in some cases balancing will solve the issue.
    or check the rim for any bend
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Get it checked at some other alignment and balancing shop, Also note whether the tread pattern is in the correct direction.