1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Trusted petrol pumps in Pune

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. offtopic
    but yes,
    i also read somw where that it is better filling your tank early in the mornings than any time during the day. the liquids expand and their densites become less. so less fuel in the same volume.
    instead of getting 1 lt petrol you mught get 950ml or something.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I tried both petrol pumps at near Blue Diamond Hotel Koregaon Park. One is HP & other is BP

Both pumps mixes some chemicle. Some bunks are mixing other than Kerosene. Excessive kerosene smell is easily dectable.

So tulen,hepten other flamblable chemicles are being used for diesel adulteration.

Anybody knows Dr.Sumit Bhatti who is ENT surgeon in Pune. He owns 3 petrol pumps. To run bunk his "Khandaani" business.

He has given his 3 pumps to company on operating basis. On team-bhp.com there is good article on
    "How you recognise good diesel".

I have collected some information about diesel.
    Diesel has more calorfic value then petrol. More Calorific value more efficiency.

When we mix tulen,hepten other flamblable chemicles, calorific value decreases. So engine can't create torque as per rise in RPM.

Higher the cetane no. faster combustion of diesel.
    When we mix kersosene, cetane no.is decreased. So rate of conbustion decreases. So engine runs with dull power stroke.
    So pressure of exhaust becomes less. So turbo does not spin effectively.

When there is mixing of chemicals other than kersene,rate of combustion remains same. But calorific value of diesel decreases. So we get less efficient power stroke. That's why we experience "loss of power"

Mr.Amogh had suggested me petrol pump of Shastri Road. Next time I will try & update.
  3. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Hi guys,
    I did tank full at Shell in Hinjewadi Pune twice recently and somehow always got knocking sound ( from the engine at lesser speeds in higher gear). Generally I fill petrol in my WagonR at BP pumps on BT Kawade Rd & BP at Shastri road but never hear knocking, infact I filled petrol at BT Kawade road again after shell and the knocking went away.

Shell fuel is recommended for better quality of ingredients. Is there something wrong with the filter in my car or what is it? I am avoiding Shell now.
    BTW in the past (3 yrs ago) I used to fill at the same Shell station without any such issues.

Kindly suggest.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ platinumshareIf after using fuel of BP pump on Shastri Road then continue there. It means Mr.Amogh had suggested the right bunk.I will also try that bunk & update. Because first I had turbo boost leak to my new 90 HP. At first service pipe of intercooler replaced. So problem of lack of low end torque has been solved.At present there is bad diesel in my MJD. But due to new intercooler pipe my MJD is not acting like my old problem to my old 75 BHP car "Loss of power". I am getting good low end grunt from engine still there is extreme kerosene is there. Due to kerosene I am getting little bit resistance to acceleration.So now I have got differance between problem of bad fuel & problem of bad fuel + boost leak.In last 2 years I tried many pumps. Moral of the story is - Today I can recognise bad quality of diesel by reving engine on the spot. Others people have to take TD of car to search cause of loss of power.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

You are the undisputed master when it comes to mixture of diesel with kerosene. Your knowledge and experience is invaluable to us. Keep racking up the experience and do share. We are loving it. Dont stop, but what we would like you to stop is naming the problems that you diagnose (Boost leakage deceleration...etc ) Along with your shift to Variable geometry turbo from FGT, your doubts about your car have also become very very variable:)

6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Kedar
    Today I refilled at IOC pump at Yerwada on Nagar road.
    Car became sluggish & started to emit black smoke..

@ Italia linea
    I tried Autolines HP bunk on University road. But in-vein.
    I had read an article on adulteration based on thesis written in one University of south India

According to lab test - If we mix 50% kerosene in diesel still density test gives All OK report.

In India method of detection of adulteration became outdated.

Officers of oil companies & fuel mafia have done their hands in gloves.
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Shell guys are also big cheaters.

Tried Shell at Kharadi Bypass , Pune.
    Got full tank. Situation became more worse.:eek:

Car became more sluggish. Getting huge 'Flat Spot' from idle RPM to 1500 RPM.

Checked fuel quality by removing pipe. Found excessive kerosene smell.

Fuel has excess lubricity .As BS-IV diesel less lubricity than BS-III .Still fuel found with excess lubricity.

Fuel Mafia are mixing used lub oil to maintain lubricity after adulteration.

To conceal adulteration fuel mafia are increasing lubricity of adulterated fuel.
    To maintain lubricity is essential. Otherwise CRi pump,injector & other precise components fuel supply system may ruin due to chemicals & kerosene.

Many MJD are facing problem of premature oil in inter cooler,inlet & premature carbon deposits in EGR.

Mixing of oil in adulterated fuel is root cause of problem of premature oil deposits in inter cooler,inlet manifold & premature carbon deposits in EGR.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013